Engine & Internal Cams, heads, valvetrain, rotating assemblies. Chat about beefing up your insides here.

RUNNING like crap

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 07:32 PM
Default RUNNING like crap

ok its not running good do not know what it can be put new cap on wires an plugs soon as i put it in gear an tr to smoke the tires it boggs an pops out the carb use to smoke right up when it was in my old k5 blazer timmin i think its right onb but i need to know where it needs to bei bore the catout to an the carb it a 750 dbl pumper motor was built for mud boogin lots of money in the motor just want to get it back where it was a yr a go hope some 1 can tell me new water pump on it to did top dead center well i think its right helllllllllllllllllllllllll[pppppppppppppppppp

Old 02-26-2008, 11:53 AM
July 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club
Default RE: RUNNING like crap

i never could get my double pumper to work right.i put a vacuum secondary on and aint had a problem since.4x4 to a car is a big difference.the weight is different,the rear gear ratio is different.john force's motor wouldn't be worth a f@#k going on vacations or cruising thru town.not trying to be a smartass just trying to get you to see what i'm talking about

Old 02-26-2008, 01:12 PM
3rd Gear Member

Need more details on the engine size, intake manifold dual or single plane,compression, heads.... transmission... stall.. gear ratio. Was this all the same in the blazer including the carb? My first impression is the carb is too large for the setup which is usally compensated for by using larger squirters. I am no carburetor expert but in alot of cases too large of a carb will decrease the response (I believe this relates toBernoulli's law) and the larger squirter adds more fuel during the low vacuum time to compensate.

Old 02-27-2008, 04:05 AM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

In addition to what griff said, once you figgure out the carb issue (did it work well in the truck in this same configuration?) I would check the timing, you said TDC but one what cylinder and is it retarded, advanced or just in the middle?

Old 03-05-2008, 06:24 AM

Did you check your power valve on your Holley?