Engine & Internal Cams, heads, valvetrain, rotating assemblies. Chat about beefing up your insides here.

LS2 FTW!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 10:12 AM
1st Gear Member
Default LS2 FTW!!!

Hey guys, some of you may already know, but I would like to eventually swap out my sixer for an LS2. How hard would it be to do that? Oh, and don't worry, there would be brake and suspension upgrades too... but feel free to give suggestions about those as well!

Old 03-11-2008, 07:05 PM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: LS2 FTW!!!

I was considering doing the same thing, would be cool to have the look of a v6, kind of a sleeper thing.
From what I've read, it'll be costly.
Probably more than you would pay for a Z28 after selling yours, and from the sounds of it, you'll need almost everything to go with the engine, not much is interchangeable.
Really only sounds worth it if you had a doner car, or deep pockets

Old 03-11-2008, 09:23 PM
Overdrive Member

98 has it right. Engine swaps are timely and usually pretty costly as well. Not to say that it can't be done. I would suggest swapping for an LS1 since they came in the car. The LS2 has different mounting points on the block and I believe the heads (or possibly block itself, somebody that knows for sure could clarify) is physically taller than the LS1, so you may run into clearance issues. Also remember that you need to have all the correct sensors and electrical goodies to get everything up and running.

Old 03-12-2008, 09:35 AM
2nd Gear member

I think I added it up to about 5k for a full engine swap for me. (This was a while back, don't quote me)
This was with a 98 LS1 engine, no donor car, so I would have to buy the engine, all the goodies, rear end, tranny, suspension, brakes, etc.
Plus some labor work, I could do a few things with my dad, but they would probably exclude taking my old motor out/dropping the new one in.