Engine & Internal Cams, heads, valvetrain, rotating assemblies. Chat about beefing up your insides here.

I need help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005 | 12:22 AM
|
Default I need help!!!

I just bought a 97 V6 camero. I know this sounds bad but i know very little about my new ride. i want my ride to whip stangs *** but i don't now where to start performance wise. can anyone help please!!!!!!!1

Old 05-09-2005 | 12:14 AM
Administrator
Default RE: I need help!!!

find a supercharger if you want to beat V8 stangs...

Old 05-11-2005 | 12:33 AM
Default RE: I need help!!!

I own a 1994 3.4L V6 Camaro. Do a Cam change. Do you have the 3.8? I'm guessing you do. A supercharger would give you a substatial gain in horsepower, but it's kinda costly. Get a performance cam, get a larger bore throttle body and a less restrictative exhaust system. Your engine has to breath right in order to perform at it's best. I've got a Flowmaster exhaust on mine and it does great. Also consider changing your rocker arms with roller bearing type rockers to reduce friction in your valvetrain. Less friction= more hp. If you have an automatic get a B&M shift kit for your tranny, that will give you awesome firm shifts to get you off of the line better. Also get a aftermarket prom chip. Higher flow rate fuel injectors will also help free up some horsepower. I hope this info helped you out.