Engine & Internal Cams, heads, valvetrain, rotating assemblies. Chat about beefing up your insides here.

dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 01:33 PM
Ninja Administrator
Default RE: dyno results

you should check out the link in my sig

Old 08-22-2008, 01:35 PM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club

Its always good when its something small and easy to correct. Any plans to hit the dyno again?

Old 08-22-2008, 02:27 PM
July 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

specter let me see if i can figure it out and i will post the sheet,kind of embarrased to do it ,bbc putting out v-6 numbers lol.CBR,if i can find out where there dyno will be next i will try it again.how bad do you think this messed the dyno results up

Old 08-22-2008, 05:15 PM
ROTM Winner's Club

You could have seen a fair drop in power from this. Odds are it has also burnt up your plugs so you may want to check them out when you fix the initial problem. Also check your carb set up and timing. If you are dropping too much fuel or have your timing kicked back it could also result in low numbers.

Old 08-23-2008, 12:27 AM
July 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

edelbrock has a top end kit with 540h.p. i'm thinking of getting.cam,heads,intake,gaskets,bolts

Old 08-23-2008, 12:29 AM
July 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

after a 20% loss to the rear wheels i would have around 440.i think that is a pretty good number

Old 08-28-2008, 08:03 PM
3rd Gear Member

I've never been to a dyno before so I'm a real noob in that area. I was in Barnes and Noble back in the automotive section and there was a book about the history of dynoing and what to look for and what to expect from specific types of dynos. I can't remember the name of it off the top of my head but I'm sure there aren't that many books back in Barnes and Noble on that specific subject. It was interesting to read how much difference the different types of dynos would rate the same car.

Old 08-28-2008, 10:08 PM
July 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

ORIGINAL: cbr600rx7

You could have seen a fair drop in power from this. Odds are it has also burnt up your plugs so you may want to check them out when you fix the initial problem. Also check your carb set up and timing. If you are dropping too much fuel or have your timing kicked back it could also result in low numbers.
i did notice a plug fouling the week before but it cleared up.after the dyno i found,1flyweight broke and holding on for dear life,the other was broke and stiill fuctional,battery connector was loose ,a slight wiggle would kill the engine,the red wire in the 3 wire connector was loose and would kill the engine,the plugs were black.i repaired all of this and cant wait to get it on the dyno again to see how much i gain over the first time

Old 08-29-2008, 12:55 PM
ROTM Winner's Club

That can all add up. If you are not getting good fire then you are not burning all your fuel. Also if your carb is dumping too much fuel for your timing and tuning then you could also be losing power and fouling out plugs.

Old 10-25-2008, 05:46 PM
3rd Gear Member

Bowtieguy> Well I've been having a lot of problems with poor gas mileage, pinging and loss of power since the rebuild. It's slowly been getting worse till recently I had no spark. I had bought an HEI refresh kit and thought that that was the problem and that it was just slowly going bad. Changed it back to the original HEI setup and it fired up and then wouldn't crank again. The only thing that wasn't in the refresh kit was the magnetic coupler underneath the rotor which requires the distributor to be pulled. So I bought a new one at the performance shop today, pulled the old one and it was just shot. The thing was probably older than me at 34 years old and had no magnetism left whatsoever. Put the new one in and every little problem I had went away. Pinging, loss of power and bad gas mileage went away. What's sad is I also changed from a 600 cfm Edelbrock to a 750 cfm dual feed Holley and my gas mileage still went up by 4 mpg.

The reason I'm telling you this is I remembered in your post about how you commented on your springs and weights being shot. Don't forget about the magnetic coupler underneath the rotor also if you're just rebuilding your distributor like I did. You can rebuild the entire distributor for about 70 bucks and upgrade it at the same time. I can't believe the difference it's making, it's like an entirely new car.

Quick Reply: dyno results