Engine & Internal Cams, heads, valvetrain, rotating assemblies. Chat about beefing up your insides here.

Cam ID help?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 01:47 AM
Y2K
4th Gear Member
Default Cam ID help?

I've had this small block solid lifter cam laying around quite a while and would sure like to get some specs on it.

Got a from a guy quite a few years back that said it was a Melling solid lifter cam that was new and he never used it but he had lost the specs on it.
Any idea how to ID this thing?
It's got letters and numbers in a few different places on it.
On the back ( distributer) end it has C800P and then K17 5 I think,hard to read the latter.
On the shaft behind the fuel pump lobe it has RSCD and the # 55 under the letters then in the same place on the shaft on the other side is the letters CWC.
Then there's C1 on the shaft behind the 3rd bearing journal.
None of this means beans to me but I thought maybe one of you motor heads might know something about it.
Anyone here able to shed some light on this mystery cam?

Old 09-17-2006, 12:32 AM
Y2K
4th Gear Member
Default RE: Cam ID help?

bump............ [sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=feedback.gif][sm=groupwave.gif][sm=happybounce.gif][sm=massbounce.gif]

Old 09-17-2006, 04:19 AM
2nd Gear member

The only thing i can tell you is that some of there cams are suppose to be close matchups to the edelbrock performer cams

Old 09-17-2006, 02:43 PM
Y2K
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Slayer

The only thing i can tell you is that some of there cams are suppose to be close matchups to the edelbrock performer cams
Thanks for the feedback,this is a solid lifter cam so would need valve lash settings at a minium.