Engine & Internal Cams, heads, valvetrain, rotating assemblies. Chat about beefing up your insides here.

all right i need some serious help

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 10:19 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default all right i need some serious help

all right guys im going to have my ls1 rebuilt and also the tranny but the guy whos going to build it sais hes cutting the insides to put bigger pistons ok is that good or bad also going to do my heads and buy cam what is the best cam and i still want my car to be able to drive daily dont care about gas just want power plus driveability and my car doesnt have to be smogged oh and its going to be forged what do u guys sugest
[align=right] [/align]

Old 05-08-2008, 10:21 AM
Default RE: all right i need some serious help

So here's boring the block for new pistons??? Yeah, you want to do that.

What's going to be forged, the pistons? Yeah, that's good too.

Old 05-08-2008, 11:04 AM
In the Staging Lanes

basically everything is going to be forged but im also wanting to now how much power can he get out of my heads he sais hes going to have them cut port and polished what do u guys think my rwhp will be any chance of hitting 500hp na
[align=right] [/align]

Old 05-09-2008, 03:33 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Does your engine builder know what the h.p. gains of all that he's going to do will be? The average parasitic h.p. loss through the drivetrain is around 15%. If you're looking for 500 h.p. at the wheels, you need to aim for at least 588 h.p. at the flywheel (500รท.85=588.24). That's going to be a heavy build.

Old 05-09-2008, 04:43 PM
In the Staging Lanes

he promised 470 not at the wheels but competition is tuff around here kb cobra clubs i want to put a hurting on
[align=right] [/align]