Engine & Internal Cams, heads, valvetrain, rotating assemblies. Chat about beefing up your insides here.

93-97 lt1

Old 04-07-2011, 10:57 PM
g3j
Exclamation 93-97 lt1

Alright, within the next few months I plan on purchasing a LT1 and doing the LT1 to LT4 conversion, now my question is, If I purchase a LT1 camaro with lets say with 140k+ on the engine and do this conversion would that be a good enough rebuild on that engine or should I get the bottom rebuilt also?

I really dont wanna go over $4,000 with this project not including the price of the car, I can get the kit from summit racing for around $2,400 with my discount and I figure around 1,200-1,500 for someone to build it, ect..

Old 04-07-2011, 11:23 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

the kit is a edlebrock kit? they are not that good at bringing the hp out of these motors. dont forget headers and exhaust, a little bigger injectors, bigger thottle body and cold air intake. oh and a tune. i have a airgap that ill sell ya for a good price if you want to go that route. i would recomend you look over what lloyd has at elliottsportworks. you are not going to have enough money. lol plan it out and and you can make it work its just going to cost more than you think. always does. if you can, do the work yourself.

Old 04-08-2011, 12:10 PM
g3j

Alright, I've contacted llyod. I'm most likely gonna do the LT1 LE2 package with a cam, Plan on getting a cold air intake, some long tubes,SLP loudmouth 1, would a LT1/LT4 ported 52 TB be any good or could I just get my OEM TB ported out for less? The reason I didn't wanna go over 4k is because I already have the money but I can tell I'm gonna have to save up a little more or just use some of my student loan, but I'm getting the LT1 for graduation and some of the parts, I also get a nice discount from summit racing.

Old 04-08-2011, 09:19 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

lloyd will probly recommend a 58mm tb. you would need to know what year it is before getting to far into it. i went with a bbk so i havent looked to far into enlarging the tb. at the time it seemed like i would have put all or most of the cost of a used bbk into the stock one. you could do the cai and exhaust and drive it for a time. these cars have plenty of power stock so that would give you some time to get used to it. also the running gear, trany and rearend are pretty much good to 350hp so with what you want to do your going to exceed that. means the trany and rearend will not last, no way of knowing how long. could be for quite some time or not. ive read both sides. my rear seems to have held up so far but now with the 315's on the back and 373 gears i have not tried a real hole shot yet. i have heated the tires once and could not hold the car back when they got warm so i know she will grab. lol,,,im not ready to buy the 12 bolt yet. another 3200 bucks, i cant afford that just yet.

Search this Thread