Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within.

special clear coating

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 09:25 PM
Default special clear coating

Im in the bridge painting business and unfortunately we do tend to get overspray on cars. about 2 years ago we got overspray on this guys car pretty bad too.
Of course we pay to get them fixed, anyway he said he had gotten a clear coat applied to his car that is like a permanent wax. He always gets black cars rather high end mercedes, jags and every car he has had recently he gets this coating applied to his cars. He said it is like wax where nothing sticks to it no, bug juice, tar, dust, mud, and he says it looks like the car is always wet with a perfect wax finish on it all the time. Plus if it gets paint overspray or something like it all they have to do is hot water wash the coating off and re-apply. It is evidently done through a paint and body shop, I was wondering if anyone had heard about this coating or what it is

Old 05-09-2007, 10:04 PM
3rd Gear Member
Default RE: special clear coating

Is it like a teflon spray?

Old 05-10-2007, 07:57 AM

It sounds like it is according to what that guy was telling me.For example afterit rained his car had road film and grime on it, all he did was hose it off and it was like brand new again. I had to pay for the guy to get the clean and re-apply of this coating done to his car. I kept the invoice for a long time and somehow with cleaning the office , it disappeared.

Old 05-10-2007, 08:55 AM
1st Gear Member

Sounds like a polymer type coating.

Matrix Micro Coating, Liquid Glass,Blackfire Wet Diamond, Meguiar’s Polymer Sealant.....all of theseuse polymers instead of wax. It provides a very tough coating of protection and all of the characteristics you mention.

Old 05-10-2007, 04:02 PM

Those coatings you mention are they a wax on type or a spray on? The one I am talking about is a spray on. But those that you mention are probably the same just a different application