Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within.

Racing Stripes

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 05:58 PM
March 2008 ROTM
Default RE: Racing Stripes

make a series of markings to follow one edge with. measure many times, nothing worse that measureing once and being off. then youll get done and have one headed toward a mirrior! DOH! Also, use a soap and water combo, im not sure of the ratio. But apply that to the surface about to get the stripe, this will allow you to move it a bit. then useing something frim, but delicate, scrape along the stripe to get air bubbles and extra water and soap out.

as for getting them off, usually a heat gun and a little time gets them off. Depending on how long they were on, the paint around them may have faded a bit. Wash, polish, and wax till your arms fall off and it might hide it a bit.

Old 08-30-2007, 12:34 PM
3rd Gear Member

the problem with stripe kits instead of paint is that most people say they are "temporary" and then leave them on almost forever. when they finally decide to take them off, the rest of the car has faded so the stripe marks are still visible.

so the whole time they were kidding themselves about the "temporary" idea, they were just taking the cheap way out for an inferior look. always better off painting them on

not trying to flame anyone here, just giving my opinion...and you know what they say about those

Old 08-30-2007, 10:42 PM
1st Gear Member

they do look ok but if it was me, i wouldnt put them on the roof!!
[align=left] [/align]

Old 09-01-2007, 08:33 PM
1st Gear Member

i thought not to put them on the roof at first... so i did the rest of the car first.... and i didnt like how it looked

Old 09-01-2007, 09:16 PM
3rd Gear Member

I don't think I would have the patience to put racing stripes on a car. I know that after I do it that I would notice that it would be a hair off, and would notice it. The stripes on your car look great though by the way.

Old 09-03-2007, 11:49 AM
3rd Gear Member

my car was actually one of the cars that stripes first came on and when I re-painted it (and mine were painted on the right way too), I got rid of them because they are so overdone these days...and they belong on my car from the factory

Old 09-04-2007, 10:11 PM
March 2008 ROTM

i considered something on the sides, but ill prolly just use the IROC decals on the sides. Looks sharp

Old 09-29-2007, 01:54 AM
In the Staging Lanes

when u get em on let me know how they look thats cheap and i might think bout doing it

Old 09-29-2007, 12:27 PM
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: camaro89rs

when u get em on let me know how they look thats cheap and i might think bout doing it
just a thought, and I'm not trying to be mean here but, after seeing your car in your sig picture, don't you think you should take care of a couple of other body problems before you put plastic stripes on your car?

if not, you will be turning into one of those people that others look at and just say to themselves "why?" because they will start thinking that you are one of those people that just tries to do every possible cheap thing to their car without taking care of the important stuff first

Old 10-22-2007, 04:28 PM
April 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

My stripes are vinyl, I have recieved nothing but compliments. Plus you can change them out for different color one later. In reality the painted ones do look better. But the difference is not THAT much. Plus the vinyl is so much easier to maintain than paint! And vinyl is always semetricly (think thats spelled wrong) correct.

check out the sig. I love my 35th stripes and they came out perfect. Get them professionally installed though!

Quick Reply: Racing Stripes