Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within.

Never Going to a Car Wash Again

Old 01-25-2007, 05:04 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Never Going to a Car Wash Again

I went through the car wash today and pulled out to find a chip all the way through my clear coat and paint, followed by a 2 foot long scratch. What in the hell is up with that?

Old 01-25-2007, 06:48 PM
Overdrive Member
Default RE: Never Going to a Car Wash Again

You should not be going through those automatic car washes any way. They are no good! Find a bikini car wash. Soft boobies are the best sponge

Old 01-25-2007, 06:56 PM
1st Gear Member

Good point.

Old 01-25-2007, 11:52 PM
January 2007 ROTM

OMG !!!!!!! NEVER !!!! NEVER !!!!! NEVER !!!!!! Take your car through those automatic car washes !!!!!!!!!!!!! They do nothing but scratch your paint and remove the wax from your car !!

Regular car washes are bad as well ....... the high pressure from the hose is alot of power on your car and will strip the wax off of your car !!!!!!

I have never taken mine to a car wash nor will I ........... seriously I would not recommend taking your car through one ... auto or manual

Old 01-26-2007, 03:37 PM
1st Gear Member

Too bad I wasn't fully aware of this before. This was one with a higher reputation around here, it has the spinning cleaning pads and all the other pricey crap, so I thought it would be okay. Well, on the bright side, I should be able to get this taken care of for no more than a couple hundred. A lesson learned for me.

Old 03-14-2007, 07:44 PM
3rd Gear Member

I know here if they wreck your car and you tell them, they pay for the repair. I went through one and it ripped my new black outs off and broke the rear one. They didn't pay for that though.

Old 03-14-2007, 10:14 PM
In the Staging Lanes

You got your receipt? Go raise hell about it and make them fix it. I would. It's best just to take your beater car or work truck through those crazy contraptions, not your toy.

Old 03-15-2007, 12:37 AM

Yea find the owner manager and show him what happened and if they still refuse to pay for damage then make yourself a HUGE @SS picket sign saying "THIS IS WHAT THAT CAR WASH DID TO MY CAR" and park as close as humanly possible to the place without being on their property.

Old 03-15-2007, 05:52 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Check this out: "Better Business Bureau." Use those three words in that order to any business, and they're bound to bow down to your needs.

Old 03-16-2007, 02:13 AM
3rd Gear Member

Unfortunatly not everywhere is terrified of those magical little words. I hope it is for you, but here, I got the shaft and privately owned places didn't care.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Never Going to a Car Wash Again