Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within.

Fog lights on early 4th gen

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 01:47 PM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: Fog lights on early 4th gen

Post #5, however I just noticed, what year car is it? Is it 93-97 with the little rectangular foglights or a 98-02 with the in-bumper foglights? I wont have a clue on the 98-02 unless you got a firebird lol, if its the 97 or earlier I could help, if you could post some pics I could tell you where its at but I dont have any really.

Old 02-22-2008, 07:09 PM

It's a '93, I could get some pics of it but its gonna take a while, I don't have a digital camera.

Old 03-08-2008, 08:47 PM
1st Gear Member

When I had my V-6, the reflector inside the light went out and I went to a salvage a bought another one, they sold it to me with the bracket for $45.00 (everybody is very proud of Camaro lights it seems) and it was only two screws to replace it. You will have to remove the headlight to get in there but it is only one screw for that. You may want to buy a set off the PIAA's, they're REALLY bright, when I bought my SS it came with them on it, however I like the focus and the sharp cut off from the OEM fogs. The PIAA's seem to scatter light everywhere.

Old 03-08-2008, 08:48 PM
1st Gear Member

whoops, I just saw yours was a '93... I was referring to an '00

Old 03-29-2008, 12:27 PM

I just finally got to fixing these damn things since it is warmer out, and this is a giant PITA.

I tried method #2 on that website that was posted earlier only to find out when I finally got all those damnpins pulled out that the fog light was not just sitting there waiting for me to yank the bulb out from behind and slip the new one in, I just saw the housing.

Method #1 is entirely impossible, I don't have long narrow needle nose pliers and even if I did that damn pin just doesn't want to come out, I have it out a little bit but it's going to take at least 20 more minutes of yanking to get it out,luckily for me the one on the inside is missing so I don't have to deal with that because that would be completely impossible, the aiming screw was easy cuz all that took was a screw driver.

As far as the smashed one goes, I'm thinking of buying a replacement on ebay, from my understanding all I have to do is unhook the old one and slip on the new one?

Old 04-28-2008, 04:16 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I just had both mine out several times. I found it easier and less of a PITA to just remove the three large body pins underneath the bumper (still body-colored) and most of the 10mm bolts on the black plastics. It's easy to reach right up there and unbolt the brackets for the fogs and pull the whole deal out from the back.
I had a cracked one, and I found some at WALMART that were really close to stock. I had to modify them a bit to make them fit, but they look flippin great. I just had to drill out the mounting holes on the stock brackets and on the foglights, and tap the foglights for the bolt I was going to use (i used 5/16") and use some spacers b/c the new fogs were a bit too narrow to fit the stock brackets. The end result was a really nice pair of foglights that were $21, work well, and I tied them into the factory harnesses so I could use the factory switch.
And the best part is, they're removable from the outside with just a 1/2" wrench. no more tearing it down underneath!
Just my $.02, I thought maybe what I did would seem appealing compared to spending a lot of money to replace stockers.