Computer & Fuel Systems Talk about the control module, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

Using a PC for Scanning '95 Z28

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 05:43 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Using a PC for Scanning '95 Z28

Is anyone using a PC to scan their '95 z's? I ask because my car has the 16 pin ALDL plug, but is, of course, OBD1. I could go on ebay and buy an autoxray 3000 for around 100-150 bucks and adapt it for the 16 pin plug; but, I thought I would like to try to use my PC to do the job and maybe save a few bucks. I know at moates.net I can get an appropriate cable and ALDL to USB Adapter, but the combo is $130, and then I still need the software (many of which are free, although I haven't figure out which one would be best.) I'm getting the feeling that the only options are ebay or the cable/adapter combo - either of which would be in the same price range, but before I took the plunge I wanted to find out if anyone has found a cheaper way to use a PC to scan their car.

Attached Thumbnails Using a PC for Scanning '95 Z28-camaro.jpg  
Old 04-03-2009, 10:08 PM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I got the cable for around 90 I think from the place that pcmforless gave me. I've used it with a couple programs, but really didn't find one that stuck out above the rest.