Computer & Fuel Systems Talk about the control module, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

Need help now!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 12:08 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: Need help now!!!!!!!!!!

Good news. So i went out this morning to take of the fuel line goin to the filter to see if when i turned it over anyfuel would come out. First i was going to try turning it over again and when i turned the key i could hear the fuel pump buzzing. My battery was almost dead from starting it yesturday, but i turned it over and it almost started, or atleast it was trying. So hopefully i just need to charge it up and it will go.

Old 04-11-2007, 12:29 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Well no luck. Its still not starting and i pulled the fuel line off goin to the filter and theres no gas comin out. So its the pump i guess. Idk why it would have kicked in all off a sudden and isnt now.

Old 04-11-2007, 01:02 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I checked at advanced auto and its like $200 for a fuel pump.
This website http://www.treperformance.com/FuelPu...FuelPumps.htmlhas them for like $70. Can i use the ones on here for my stock 96 rs? I have a chilton manual and it says if you cant hear the fuel pump when u turn the ignition to check the relay and wiring. I have no clue where that is on my car. If any one could help that would be sweet.

Old 04-12-2007, 02:02 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Ok so im really getting frustrated now. I was sure it was the fuel pump that was bad, but then when i went out today i turned the key over and heard the pump going. It started up too but didnt want to idol. Then i couldnt start it again. It seems whenever it sits over night the pump works. I just want to know if it needs a new pump or if not what? Would anything else make it do that? I checked the realy and pulled it out and it seemed fine, i dont think that would be it. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-13-2007, 01:10 PM
In the Staging Lanes

This car always suprises me. I went out this morning to check if it the pump would run agian, and sure enough it did. So i started it up, and it ran alittle rough at first but then was fine. I shut it of and started it agian, and it was fine. After i got back from town, i did the same thing. It seems to be running normal. Idk if it was just some dirt in the pump or what but im not goin to buy a new pump if the car is running. Im just going to put it all back together and see what happens. I'd rather driver it for a month and then take it apart again then replace parts that dont need to be replaced. I'll keep yall posted.

Old 04-13-2007, 03:07 PM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

Good to hear it is working fine. As I was reading I was trying to fihure out the problem, Sounds like there was either some crud in the line or there might be a wire loose somewhere. If it happens again I would check the electronics.

Old 04-13-2007, 03:18 PM
May 2007 ROTM

glad to hear that your up and runnin, try not to let it get low on fuel and hope it doesn't do it again.