Camaro Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the forums here.

Turn for the worst

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 09:22 AM
Super Scooch
January 2009 ROTM
Default Turn for the worst

This whole forum has taken a horrible turn for the worst over the last week or so. Does anyone else see it or is it just me? Does this happen from time to time and then it just passes? Does it have something to do with a "wave" of certain people who come through and then get bored and leave then everything goes back to normal? I mean I've been here almost 4 years and its about as low as I've seen it. Maybe I shouldnt have said anything and just taken a leave of absence.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:36 AM
December 2011 ROTM
Santas Little Helper
ROTM Winner's Club

hmmm.....it seems that way to a point........I think when OT gets over run then others seem to stay away.

How ironic....you're talking about leaving for a bit.

I think I just chose to stay out of certain dramas.....and just let it pass.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:25 AM
Super Scooch
January 2009 ROTM

well... thanks for your post O. at least youre honest. The ot is like the heart of our community to me. If you go over to the "other" forums OT it just a bunch of filthy talkin thrash that does nothin but argue and berate eah other. we havent really had that here. most everybody here has always gotten along (with the exception of the Ali and Puck thing once in a blue moon) and the threads are always pleasant or at least descent topics. and not alot of Drama Queens. But lately... wow. I guess its just me and u then cause 13 people have viewed now and no one has posted. oh well.

Old 04-15-2009, 03:21 PM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

I agree scooch. It has gotten weird lately.... then again you kind of answered your own question, it comes in waves. I have noticed the trend with the seasons. In the spring/summer there are more active members... or atleast visitors that kind of troll: we get about 30 or 40 posts then poof they are gone. Also there are the new members who have genuine questions, and satick around for a while because of the ambiance. Then we end up losing some because of the drama. I really think when the new Camaro comes out there will be an influx of new members. I also have a feeling that parents arent going to be buying as many 'new' cars for their graduates. This will equate to more used car sales which will, in turn mean more camaro's on the road as well. I think its just a matter of time. Personaly I like a smaller comunity....but all in all I agree, it has seemed too small lately.

Old 04-15-2009, 03:49 PM
Super Scooch
January 2009 ROTM

thanks for your post Cpl. I knew you would have something good to say that I hadnt thought of.

Old 04-15-2009, 03:52 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

im new to all this so not sure what normal is. i enjoy coming home and reading your guys's bantor and try to get a dig in once in a while. although my input on some of the problems the guys have had is wrong or at least not right, i do like the interaction and hope its not out of line. i continue to learn something new about my car every day from the forum. i have noticed more action on the off topic threads from just a month ago when i first signed on. at least it seems that way. maybe i just wasnt paying attention then. i have checked out some of the other forums and they are boring. nobody on either. havnt noticed pete lately., i like the way he seems to be always there but not. anyways it wouldnt be the same without ya so take a day off and work on the car then come on back and tell us about it. just ordered cai for the car, a moroso along with the votec elbo, my rubber one is shot.

Old 04-15-2009, 04:11 PM
Super Scooch
January 2009 ROTM

thanks craby. *insert thumbs up smiley

Old 04-15-2009, 04:36 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

When I first joined here, it was a different place, granted I haven't been here too long (compared to others). I've been posting here less and less, mainly because there aren't as many tech savvy people here as there used to be.

Old 04-15-2009, 05:00 PM
Overdrive Member

i think its just been slow lately also,ive been pretty busy lately,but seems like the tech threads have been slow also

Old 04-15-2009, 05:07 PM
Super Scooch
January 2009 ROTM

well, I'm glad its not just me seeing it then. thanks guys.

Quick Reply: Turn for the worst