Camaro Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the forums here.

Forum Section Idea, want input from mods

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 12:27 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

you could just call it projects and have the diff generation subsections along with a non-camaro section for those who are building other cars

Old 04-30-2011, 02:09 PM
May 2013 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I vote no on splitting them up, but that's just me.

Old 04-30-2011, 02:18 PM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

I'm thinking it should go under the 'Recreational' section. As its own forum. I, personally dont like all the sub-sections concept... it just seems too busy for me. So, I think no subs just leave it a single forum then, later, see if sub sections are needed. I just hink that since they are already grouped by subsections now, and that is kind of the motivations behind this - to eliminate the confusion - that making more subs will only propagate the confusion.. make sence?
I will keep the stickies in place by the way. Having thier own forum will make things streamed line but the stickies are kind of my babies... and since I'm kind of in charge.... maybe I will cut the cord one day.
Also, me or the Mod of my choosing will be making public the rules of the section (IE new threads will have type and year of project in title- 69 Camaro or 56 ford etc...) what are the sugestions for existing threads that dont meet the standard- I can manually change them or we can keep them as is under a grandfather clause?

Old 04-30-2011, 02:43 PM
May 2013 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I definitely say we should keep the titles of existing threads. I don't think we need to regulate the titles of new threads quite as much as you suggest, just as long as it's clear that it is indeed a project thread.

Recreational section seems like a good place to put the project forum too.

Old 04-30-2011, 02:44 PM
May 2013 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

oops, double post

Old 04-30-2011, 03:28 PM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

The thread title thing was more of a thought than a suggestion really. maybe there should beno rules for titles of thread then.
So, at least we are geting somewhere with this. I should be able to work on it some tonight or sunday night.
I would also like to keep member participation in the development of this forum... so whatever suggestion there are please let me know. .