Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Under glow

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 04:33 AM
3rd Gear Member
Default RE: Under glow

My brother use to have lights under his 95' white Camaro. His system went under the steering column, and he could change color,patterns, sequence of display, etc. In CA the rule is that the bulbs can't be exposed, other than that, it's perfectly legal. The local Sheriffshere are*******s about it, so we would have to turn it off once we got into the sticks. One time hegot pulled over because the lights were blue,and supposably he could be mistakened as an emergency vehicle. Before thecopgot to his window, he flipped the toggle switch and turned off the lights, the cop asked him how he did it, andjust gave him a warning.

Old 12-28-2006, 01:50 PM

if you are going to do anyof that just put the led ones on they will last a lot longer and look a lot better and they dont pop like neons

Old 02-25-2007, 12:46 AM
1st Gear Member

i jus bought a set called plasma glow and yeah i was a lil skeptical but they have a lifetime warranty on them and their LED w/ the whole mounting controller 2 change the lights and turn them off and all.its preety cool and i know some of you guys hate them but theres no point in having a fast car that looks boring as hell either if you know what i mean.got 2 spice it up a little but doesnt mean its a ricer by a long shot.anyways i plan on hokking it up soon and ill let yall know how everything goes and how it looks.on white tho pretty much any color looks okay on white so w/e u like the most or u can get a changing color set up and set it 2 w/e color u want wenever u want.

Old 02-25-2007, 08:56 PM

way to turn a car into a christmas tree, i like your christmas sprirt

Old 02-25-2007, 09:13 PM
4th Gear Member

gay

Old 02-25-2007, 09:31 PM
1st Gear Member

what are you talkin bout christmas trees??? and that guy jared from the ricekiller.com videos is a a$$****.he dont know the first thing he talkin about and acts like hes somebody but wont ever show his car.talk but no show-->what a loser!!!

Old 03-25-2007, 06:33 PM

Each to his own my friend.... no need to bash, Personally light glow was horrible for me and so I went with street glow. Was totally not impressed. For the amount of money they are asking, it is no good at all. there is not enough wiring, and no switch even to turn it on or off!! If I were you I would go with VARAD - LED undercar kits and accents. much brighter and more reliable, and best deal is - you can choose from about 12 differnt colors all built into the same unit. Awesome unit. Here is a link....good luck

http://www.varad.com/productledunder.html

Old 03-26-2007, 02:05 PM
2nd Gear member

Neon?

How old are you? 16?

Go away.

Old 03-27-2007, 02:42 PM
1st Gear Member

He asked where to find and what brands, he said nothing about anyones opinion if neons were "gay" or not. Sound Quest (Stinger Electronics) has a set I put on my car a while ago that were 7-colors. So if you wanted to change it up you could instead of taking the plunge on one color. I have seen people use the dancing effects and I think thats a little stupid quite frankly. but I see nothing wrong with a solid color. I generally used white on my car, it's definatly the way to go if you have a white car and plus it's not insanly noticable like the red's or blue's. No it's not illegal in anyway, as long as when you look at the vehicle from a distance you can't see the bulbs (or if you get leds, the light source) You can have red, blue, white, any color you want thjat way. They only time you have to worry about certain colors is when the bulb or light source is exposed. In that case you can only have red, yellow or amber (orange for youmullet rockin'guys).

If anyone has anything to say about American cars with under body lights on them swing into Iowa, and notice mine, and keep staring and *****ing about them to your girlfriend/cousin/sister in the passenger seat and leave your headlights off because those lights that **** you off aregoing to light the way for you to try and stay up with me.

Old 05-20-2007, 10:00 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Seight311

He asked where to find and what brands, he said nothing about anyones opinion if neons were "gay" or not. Sound Quest (Stinger Electronics) has a set I put on my car a while ago that were 7-colors. So if you wanted to change it up you could instead of taking the plunge on one color. I have seen people use the dancing effects and I think thats a little stupid quite frankly. but I see nothing wrong with a solid color. I generally used white on my car, it's definatly the way to go if you have a white car and plus it's not insanly noticable like the red's or blue's. No it's not illegal in anyway, as long as when you look at the vehicle from a distance you can't see the bulbs (or if you get leds, the light source) You can have red, blue, white, any color you want thjat way. They only time you have to worry about certain colors is when the bulb or light source is exposed. In that case you can only have red, yellow or amber (orange for youmullet rockin'guys).

If anyone has anything to say about American cars with under body lights on them swing into Iowa, and notice mine, and keep staring and *****ing about them to your girlfriend/cousin/sister in the passenger seat and leave your headlights off because those lights that **** you off aregoing to light the way for you to try and stay up with me.
thank u so much.u just said everything i wanted 2 say but didnt feel like typing..lol theres nothing wrong with led's.i got mine installed today and i ove it how ppl stare @ em.u have 2 set urself apart or your just and your boring car.lol besides led's are like 150 or 200 dollars...wat can you really add to your car to gain much power with 200??

Quick Reply: Under glow