Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

problem w/ my system

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 01:40 PM
3rd Gear Member
Default problem w/ my system

alright, i have my deck set up with two 12's nd they work fine, its just it like shorts out or something, the deck cuts off, nd when that happens also the windows wont roll up either..but everything else works, nd then it will cut back on...wtf is it doin

Old 02-17-2008, 02:56 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: problem w/ my system

when you first said your deck and subs cut out i figured one of two things...either a bad monster cable (wire) or a defective amp. But i cant be the amp if your head unit is acting up. Whne you mentioned the part about your power windows not being able to roll up made me think that something is shorting out in your fusebox. I would check to see if all your fuses are good...and re-check the wiring to your head-unit.

Old 02-18-2008, 05:33 PM
3rd Gear Member

if your windows cutout andcome back the same as your stereo, then you definitely have an intermittant short. if it was just the stereo cutting out, I would have suggested that it was overheating and resetting itself when it cools down. some factory headunits actually have this feature built into them

Old 02-19-2008, 12:49 PM
April 2008 ROTM

This sounds like something to do with the cars electronics rather than the stereo wiring/electronics itself. However, that does not mean that the stereo is not CAUSING the problem.

Since this does not seem to be directly related to the stereo, I'm not sure why your car is doing this. Maybe you getting too low of a voltage drop with the stereo thus it is cutting out all other electronics until the voltage rises to the needed level... Just a thought.

Old 02-19-2008, 09:42 PM
4th Gear Member

how long does it cut out for?

Old 02-24-2008, 04:51 PM
3rd Gear Member

it cuts off nd will come back on with in a few seconds or minute or so, ill check the fuses, there was one blown in the amp that i had to replace when i first put the stereo back in, but ill check the fuses up front too

Old 02-24-2008, 04:55 PM
Ninja Administrator

i bet u are dropping voltage.

in my car right before the battery died everything was working, but no sound came from the stereo. just stopped making noise, but i still had lights on my deck.

Old 02-24-2008, 09:02 PM
3rd Gear Member

well the deck shuts off completely nd restarts back up, system cuts completely off, nd when it does the windows wont roll up or down, doors locks work when it cuts off, nd so do my gauges, i never looks at my volts thought when it does, lately it has been staying on, but sometimes it will still cut off...i usually ride with it off anyway, cause i have a retractable antena nd it looks better down, nd i like my exhaust better

Old 02-24-2008, 10:26 PM
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: meteoralp45

well the deck shuts off completely nd restarts back up, system cuts completely off, nd when it does the windows wont roll up or down, doors locks work when it cuts off, nd so do my gauges, i never looks at my volts thought when it does, lately it has been staying on, but sometimes it will still cut off...i usually ride with it off anyway, cause i have a retractable antena nd it looks better down, nd i like my exhaust better
what does ND stand for? I feel like I'm reading something from my 6 year old nephew and it's his secret little , or it's Ebonics?

Old 02-25-2008, 04:37 PM
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SpecterGT260

i bet u are dropping voltage.

in my car right before the battery died everything was working, but no sound came from the stereo. just stopped making noise, but i still had lights on my deck.
sorry Meteor, forgot about this thread.

i was gonna say same thing(or maybe amprage), to me, it almost sounds like your battery is cutting in and out. when i had a bad battery, every time a hard bass note hit, my windows would stop working, lights dimmed, and sometimes my stereo shut off(not amp's fault, but that also turned off). i finally replaced battery and it got a hell of alot better, couple weeks later my alt fried, and replaced that. made a world of difference. if it's volts, you should be able to watch your volt gauge fluxuate with bass notes. if it isnt, i would check alt. autozone and advanced auto does both testing for free. worth a shot.

Quick Reply: problem w/ my system