Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Please help

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 02:38 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Please help

Hey, I am installing an older Sony head unit in my 88. It is a Sony CDX-M750. I hooked it up, got it to turn on, but it won't play any sound. This head unit has 2 reset buttons. I tried both, but no change. Someone help me please...I am ready to smash this thing. Maybe there is a flaw in the head unit, but what would cause this problem? Any help appreciated thanks.

Old 03-17-2010, 07:28 AM
Senior Administrator
February 2012 ROTM
May 2012 ROTM

Ive had on 2 separate occasions situations where after going through hooking the head unit up, there was no audio output. It was the head unit itself and needed to be replaced. Something inside goes bad. If you have a car audio place in town, call them and see if they would test it for you. The place by me tested both of mine for free.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:14 AM
1st Gear Member

Thats what I figured, I'm just not very skilled in the car audio area, so I had to make sure. Theres a couple of places like that around here but most of them are ricer shops. I may just check out some of walmarts cheapo head units for now, since theres a big gaping hole in my dash console now lol. Thanks for the input