Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

New system in my 99 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 04:47 PM
Default New system in my 99 Camaro

Hey all, figured thers not much posted here so i'll start off on what i have done. What i did a few weeks ago was installed a Pioneer Premier headunit, Rockford Fosgate T500-1bd mono amp, a Stinger Capasitor, and 2 12" Rockford Fosgate P3 subs =).

The install took me about 13 hours, only cause i wanted it to look neat and clean, and i didn't know much about what can come out of the car and what i can tear up or where i can drill, and only cause i wanted it to be done once. Everything came out nice and clean...only thing i had to do was drill a hole to run the power wire from the amp to the battery. other than that...it was all good. Any questions about anything feel free to ask.

Old 04-01-2009, 05:46 PM

I love the box it gives it a really clean look the whole set up is really clean but ive never seen a box like that

Old 04-01-2009, 06:32 PM

yeah i bought it off of someone who originally had the amp and the subs fit for a 99 camaro but didn't want them anymore. only had 25 hours of useage on them. but yeah its jsut a regualr box...with a custom plastic attatchment. fits nice and sounds so good. (note to everyone, make enclosed sub boxes)

Old 04-19-2009, 09:29 PM
3rd Gear Member

very clean im impressed, how much did it cost you, i bet thats ****s dumpin

Old 04-19-2009, 10:08 PM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

What's that amp pushing out for watts, I only ask because it looks like your using 8 gauge power wire. If your really pushing that much wattage and need the cap, then you should of went with some 4 at the least, and maybe you did, just can't tell from the pic. O guage would be better. And were did you run the ground, you know these body's don't conduct that good. It's always better to home run your ground to the battery. Just asking, not trying to be a ahole or anything, just want to make sure you got a good setup.

Old 04-20-2009, 10:11 AM
In the Staging Lanes

looks good, i still gotta hook up my cap.....pretty lazy xD....prolly grounded on the seatbelt bolt behind the seat, good spot......just gotta sand a little paint off and its solid

Old 04-20-2009, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by carnage9
very clean im impressed, how much did it cost you, i bet thats ****s dumpin
considering i bought the amp and the subs for $350 together, the install kit with wires and fuse $120, headunit $175, cap(capasitor) $100...so around $700-$800.

Old 04-20-2009, 11:34 PM

umm, yeah im using 4 gauge and i made my own ground right in the back right fenderwel...pull back the plastic and carpet and there it is, sanded off the paint and works fine =) i was told to do it to the seatbelt bolt but...i broke 2 allens and stripped a socket to try to get it off, xD dont ask idk either. And yeah ur not being an A-hole, just liek you said, looking out for other but yeah, i gota good setup in there. it tickles ur nose....litterally. if its one thing i know about cars...its tuning and hokking up audio. =) anytihng else i might need a second hand.

Old 04-20-2009, 11:50 PM
In the Staging Lanes

that's a clean set-up mate...

Old 04-21-2009, 07:56 AM
3rd Gear Member

i my system right behind the on the ground for the tailights, its best to keep the ground as short as possible, grounding it to the battery up front would do more harm than good, i should post pics of my setup, its a bd1000 and a bd500 on the way powering two hx2s

Quick Reply: New system in my 99 Camaro