Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

new subwoofer

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 11:52 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: new subwoofer

lol, i already knew what he meant. but i gave you all the info nonetheless. thats like me saying "whats best type of enclosure for my sub" and just never telling you how big the subs are or how many i have. aside from that hes been packing this thread with useless reply while you have been helping me all the way, which i am truely grateful.

what brand would you reccommend for the component speakers. id really rather not spend 400 bucks on them tho lol.

Old 04-19-2007, 03:21 PM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: vampyrico

how bout an actual helpful reply...
How about you learn something?

Old 04-19-2007, 04:25 PM
1st Gear Member

did it ever occur to you that the reason one would ask questions would be to learn something. thanks for displaying an appropriate maturity level.

Old 04-19-2007, 05:12 PM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: vampyrico

did it ever occur to you that the reason one would ask questions would be to learn something. thanks for displaying an appropriate maturity level.
You were smart-alek too me.

You got the exact response you had coming to you.

Old 04-19-2007, 05:18 PM
1st Gear Member

listen i just want to make peace and end the nonsense, i didnt join up here to argue and make a fool of myself or anyone else. as i stated before i dont know too much of anything about car audio. i went to school for avaition maintenance not audio maintenance. so if i say something on here that is incorrect, or state some misguided theory, i would more than anything like to be corrected, not called a ******.

Old 04-19-2007, 05:24 PM
2nd Gear member

I only called you a ****** because of your ignorat response to me guiding you in the right direction about rear speakers.

But, peace sounds like a good idea.

Old 04-19-2007, 05:57 PM
1st Gear Member

CDT, eD (DLS), Boston (if you can find them cheap), Rainbow... Whats left as far as your budget for these.

Old 04-21-2007, 03:09 PM
1st Gear Member

i really dont have too much of a budget, i buy stuff as i want it. i pay all my bills on time and use the rest for whatever i want. i know, bad practice, but im still young. lol. but i dont want to spend an insane amount of money on car audio.200 for the head, 175 a piece for the subs (350), amp is 275, not sure how much the enclosure will cost to make, i will have to check prices for mdf, ive built much more difficult things than a box. lol. so i will do it myself. but i will guess and say 100. so 875 all together, less any shipping necessary. theres no way i can get decent comps for 125 lol. so idk. whatever is good quality, but less expensive than the most expensive thing lol. which could probably be anything, idk.

Old 04-22-2007, 02:13 AM
1st Gear Member

ok so my head unit will be here on tuesday. cant wait. been without sound for so long AGHH! lol.

Old 04-22-2007, 09:50 PM
1st Gear Member

I have all Fosgate speakers with a Fosgate amp and one 12' 400W Fosgate sub with a custom box that fits in the very back and is hidden until the hatch is opened... that one sub is plenty, and no rattling the car

Quick Reply: new subwoofer