Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

more bang for the buck

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 02:28 AM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: more bang for the buck

I'll pass.

Thanks for the offer though comrad.

Old 04-14-2007, 02:57 PM
1st Gear Member

visonik isnt that great at all, i bought a amp and sub package. the sub sucked, didnt have much of a punch at all. it was a 300 watt system. not rms. but a month after i got it, the sub blew. the amp overheats like nuts and melted the fuse to the amp. i used that amp to power my lanzar sub i bought. 800 w sub, dvc with 400 w rms. i wired for 2ohm load just to finish off the amp. it still works fine tho. replaced the melted fuse, and bought a 800w lanzar amp lol. bridgeable mosfet supporting 2 ohms. lol. the lanzar sub kicked like nuts with the constant 300 watts, if the amp really put out that much lol. i havent hooked up the new amp yet. because i blew my head unit, had it for a while. turns on but wont play sound through the harness wires or the rca cables. so its sitting in my closet lol. its an eclipse. so im buying a kenwood reciever http://www.crutchfield.com/S-StYAShh...wood+cd+player
and it comes with all the things i need to install it in my camaro. for 129 bucks thats great.

Old 04-14-2007, 05:08 PM
2nd Gear member

I'd give big negative on anything Visonik and Kenwood.

And Lanzar.

Old 04-14-2007, 08:41 PM
1st Gear Member

Aren't you tired of buying and blowing up so much crap?

Old 04-15-2007, 01:22 AM
1st Gear Member

the lanzar sub has sounded great, produces the sound i want. not too much bass, but hits when it should. just the way i like it. bass that doesnt overpower my treble and mid. i bought the same brand amp because im kinda ocd when it comes to mis-matching anything. i like uniformity. but i wont use lanzar speakers. dont know if they are any good. i know lanzar has been around since my dad was a kid, so i jumped and bought the sub a long time ago. done me well since.

Old 04-15-2007, 01:41 AM
1st Gear Member

www.onlinecarstereo.com is the site i normally frequent for my audio needs, i bought some cheap boss speakers from their once and they blew out in a week, sent em back they sent me more, blew those out again. and they gave me store credit to get whatever i wanted. and i used it for my lanzar sub. but the speaker prices for the well know really good speakers seem kinda steep still, am i wrong or are these really deals. my you guys can help me out. i need speakers for my fronts, 4x6s. which should i get. 1985 camaro

oh yea, which head unit do you guys reccomend. i dont have any experience with kenwood so i dont know any good or bad. which reciever should i get. the eclipse was great till it died. and it was really old. so its understandable.

Old 04-15-2007, 04:38 AM
2nd Gear member

What's your budget vamp?

Old 04-15-2007, 04:46 AM
1st Gear Member

i dont want to spend more that 150 bucks, cause i really want to spend the real cash on the car not the sound system. if i wanna boost that up. then ill do it after the car is finished. but definately around the price of that kenwood. that sure was a deal, but if its crap its crap, and i dont want crap. i want quality. and reliability.

oh, i have a sponsorship with tsunami audio and blaupunkt should i buy their stuff. heres what i can get

[hr] Product Name: Bermuda MP36 Sponsor Price: $89.70 MSRP Price: $153.95 [hr] Product Name: Key West MP36 Sponsor Price: $102.99 MSRP Price: $249.99 [hr] Product Name: Bahamas MP46 Sponsor Price: $123.99 MSRP Price: $269.95

Old 04-15-2007, 04:53 AM
2nd Gear member

You want a headunit and a comp set?

Old 04-15-2007, 04:57 AM
1st Gear Member

nah dont want components. just a head unit for now. ive been without music ever since i got the car. didnt have a radio. and the connectors are gone. just wires. so i have to splice directly to the car lol. unless i wanna go clip some out of a junk yard car.

Quick Reply: more bang for the buck