Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

iPod tape adapter help

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 04:34 PM
2nd Gear member
Default iPod tape adapter help

okay WELL I have a stock Bose system with a tape player, and then I have an adapter that plugs into my iPod and goes into the tape deck. Thing is, it sounds like crap in my car but in my moms Yukon (stock Bose also) it sounds WAY better. Does the tape deck need to be cleaned or is it just cause my stereo is 12 years old? I dont really know much about cassette tapes, but I do know that VCR's have a special tape that cleans it.

So really my question is if I got one of those cleaning tapes for my cassette player would it sound better when using my iPod adapter? Or does it only affect quality when I use actual tapes?

Old 01-31-2008, 05:27 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: iPod tape adapter help

Hmm I have a 95 and I use the tape adapter also...It shouldnt have anything to do with your speakers I wouldn't think if your regular radio sounds ok. When I first got the adapter and plugged it up and used it, it was a little distorted and such. I found it was because like my regular car volume control and iPod volume control was a little mixed and the two volumes kind of were screwing with eachother. Another thing is to possible set your iPod EQ to none. Thats all I can think of but try testing out different volume mixtures you know like little car and more iPod or vice versa...if none of that works maybe it is your speakers...but best of luck!

Oh by the way another thing I read...is that some of these tape adapters for iPod are CRAP like the sound quality is horrible and so on...so see if you can get reviews for some of these adapters and if all else fails try and buy a new one that is a better brand or has lots of positive reviews.

Will