Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

if only more people knew....

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 07:25 PM
1st Gear Member
Lightbulb if only more people knew....

you could buy a factory radio rather than an aftermarket unit if your camaro came stock with a cassette player or needs a new CD player or what have you. plain and simple aftermarket units **** things up. theyre ugly because they dont visually harmonize with the dash and what not. most of the time the buttons are too small. most of the time you cant "train" your mind on which button is which without looking away from the road because there aint a big volume button like on the factory radios. i say unless they didnt make a CD player for your particular model and year of vehicle, stay away from the aftermarket and check these sites out:
http://replacementradios.com/index.php?cPath=21 pick the make and model and go from there.
http://oem-auto-accessory.com/index.html or that.
http://www.carradiorepairs.com/ or that for just repair.
there you go.

Old 07-16-2009, 03:37 PM
Default Re:if only more people knew....

I agree with you! I have a '95, and my car didn't have a stereo in it when I got it 10 years ago. I bought a factory CD player for it on ebay, and it has worked great for me! I really don't like the way aftermarket CD players don't fit in the stereo opening on the 4th gens. The only thing I wish it had is an auxiliary jack for my iPod, but I can live without it

Old 07-16-2009, 03:40 PM
Overdrive Member

beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Old 07-18-2009, 03:35 PM
1st Gear Member
Location: IN, or hell whichever, wait, its too cold to be hell

I would agree but it is now 2009. I dont use cd's or cassettes, just an ipod and I prefer my audio quality to be good. I dont have to look away to change any settings because you learn where all the buttons are in a short time. I also think it looks fine in my deck because I have always thought the stock ones are hideous.

but enough of the bashing, I dont mean anything bad by it. I think it is great you want to stay stock. Thanks for posting the links so that others who want to go stock can also. I dont share your opinion but I respect your style.

Old 07-29-2009, 06:47 AM
3rd Gear Member

because there is so much more you can do with aftermarket, and some actually look better, and the **** on my stock 96 stereo is smaller than the one on my 06 alpine, also its a pain to wire amps to stock stereos