Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Halo - Angel Eye Mod 93-97

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 04:39 AM
1st Gear Member

From what I can tell from the pictures there not that bright

Old 04-28-2010, 06:02 AM
In the Staging Lanes

The Halos are bright at night. On some of the pics, they don't look bright because of the flash from the camera. They pretty bright at night tho.

Old 05-09-2010, 02:45 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but it doesn't look like this mod interferes with the factory light assembly enough to prevent you from putting the stock lights back in if necessary.

Either way great write up and I will be attempting this mod within the next week or so. I will post pictures as I progress.

Old 05-10-2010, 05:24 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by TAGyourIT716
Correct me if I'm wrong but it doesn't look like this mod interferes with the factory light assembly enough to prevent you from putting the stock lights back in if necessary.

Either way great write up and I will be attempting this mod within the next week or so. I will post pictures as I progress.
You're correct. This mod does not interfere with the original headlights. You can reverse this mod just as long as you keep all the original pieces. I boxed all my stuff and stored it away incase I want to switch back.

Also, I just recently modded my high beams as well. When I did this I connected the headlight and high beams to the cars original wiring. I didn't cut into them at all. I simply twisted my wire tips(wire sizes may vary, I used custom wires. not sure what size it was, but was thick enough to be a tight fit.) and stuck them in the proper slots then black taped the crap outta it. This way the wiring stays in original condition, in case I want to go back to stock.

While I had the wiring out, I went ahead and added additional wiring from the LEDs where they connect to the light(not the light itself, but where they connect on the wires). This output wire will allow you to add any additional exterior LED lights to your car. With that output wire I hooked up some accent blue LED ground effect lights. 3 under the front bumper, behind that bottom shield. The accent blue light effect on the ground matches the same color of the halo lights.

I'll get some pictures later and post 'em later.

Old 05-10-2010, 06:44 PM
In the Staging Lanes

When I went back to pepboys to buy the second set of lights, they had something different but the same.. Almost instantly I noticed they had a set of bulbs on the top and bottom of the halos! The ones originally on this post only had them on the bottom of the halos. I said what the hell, and purchased them anyways. It turns out they are better looking then the original. I'm going to pick up another pair sometime soon and switch out the low beams halos too. The LED ground fx lights look better at night as do the halos.

This is a pic of both the high and low beams. You can see how much brighter the high beams are since they have bulbs on top and bottom.

-----

Here is a pic of the original halo set (off)
Notice, it only has one bulb on top in halo

-----

Here is a pic of the new halo set (off)
Notice, it has bulbs on top and bottom in halo.

-----

These are pics of under the front of the car where I place the LEDs. The LEDs were bought at autozone for about $20 for a set of four. They were sold for this purpose. I only mounted 3 under the front of the car, and the other one I used for interior use. I wired the ground lights to the output I made from the Halo LED that way they both turn on with one switch. I ran the wires with a metal coat hanger from the top of the windshield washer fluid area to the bottom of the car using that small opening in there. I used 3M double sided SUPER stick adhesive tap to mount the lights under the car to the steel part the platic shield is mounted to. I also used the double sided tape to tuck/tape the extra wires so they don't hang down.

-----

Random pics durring the day today.

Old 05-12-2010, 10:11 PM

The high beams look great. I went to pep boys today and all they had were a set of the one LED in the ring. Can you post a picture of the box the two LED ones were in so I can get a part number or somthing so I can order them. Also do you know if they sell them in red? and if not how hard do you think it would be to switch out the blue led's with red ones?

Old 05-13-2010, 02:19 PM
1st Gear Member

thats cook, how much are thos little LED's? do they offer them in red? i might pet some in the interior of my car

Old 05-13-2010, 04:32 PM
In the Staging Lanes

The LED ground lights I bought were about $20 at AutoZone here in Plano TX. They had the colors red, white, blue, and yellow. They are sold in sets of four, so you get 4 little LED lights for 20 bucks. I placed 3 under front of car and one pointing at speedometer in the interior. The interior light makes all my guages and stuff look accent blue. I also bought a 5 inch strip of accent blue LED lights for about $15 and mounted them to the center dash under car stereo area. I'll get some pics of these later and post 'em.

As far as if they sell them in the color red, I don't know. I have not searched deeply on this matter. I don't know if the bulb color or bulb itself is changable. I will try to look at them later. I do know PILOT sells a halo light with 7 color changable halo ring. Not sure if it is a driving light or just a fog light, also the halo itself is not perfect circel. It's kinda oval ish, or at least thats kinda how it looked on their website. Maybe someone can correct me on the 7 color PILOT halos?

I dont have the box to the new ones anymore. I think I trashed it. But I remember the box looking the exact same as the old one. Same model number and all. The picture of the halo on the box only had one bulb, but the lights inside the box you could easily tell it had two bulbs.

***And also, I wanted to say that these are not REAL HID beams. They use halogen bulbs. They are only SIMULATED HID beams as stated on the box.***

Happy modding!

Last edited by MartineZ28; 06-02-2010 at 08:53 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:09 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Daytime pictures. Ill try to get some night pictures later.

Old 05-13-2010, 09:31 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Night pictures as promised.

These next two pics are the 5 inch LED strip seen under the radio area.

Quick Reply: Halo - Angel Eye Mod 93-97