Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

front speakers

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 09:59 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: front speakers

cool then ill take some pics and you can tell me wether it looks right or wrong

Old 02-08-2008, 04:16 PM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: front speakers

Alright this is what the front should look like, when its in the door.Note the mounting bolts upper left and lower right.

Then in the gray ring around the speaker, there is one screw. Take it out, once its out the speaker should slide free, the other three screws are for what appear to be the dust shield.

DONT cut the speaker out, I dont know what it looks like in your camaro, but these are the front speakers from my 97, neither of them work but hey, maybe someone will need extra parts. Anyway, the wires should be the male/female connectors, with the male ends on the speaker.

Now I dont know what kind of speakers you plan on putting in, but the only speakers that I could find laying around were 6.5" Sony Xplodes, which hook up the same way the speaker you just removed did. Make sure though, that when you secure the speaker in, you use cardboard or something like that and put a ring of that around the speaker to keep rattle to a minimum, I didnt do it here just becuase I only wanted to show you generally what it should look like. And make sure that the speaker is in correctly, notice in my second pick the wires will not reach the connectors on the Sony speaker haha. Other than that, securing it on the top is not difficult, the same screws that hold the dust shield in can hold your speaker in.

Then the final product should look something like this.

Although I noticed when I was doing this that the clip that connects to the car is set up for either two speakers or one dual voice coil speaker, I dont know if it is like this on your car or not. Does it have the premium sound? These parts are from my 97 Z also, not the Firebird I have now, the door panels are a PITA to get on and off correctly and I figured that if you had already gotten the speakers in then you would know that much. Hope this helps. And if your doing the back speakers too, I have plenty of pics of that too now because I forgot and accidentaly started this doing the back lol. Ok, finally its done.

This post took me almost 30 minutes sheesh.

Old 02-17-2008, 04:12 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: spartan66

ORIGINAL: bonedeth631

sorry just bought some today i got some alpine sps17c2. pretty damn happy too there like 100-110 and i went to pc richards and saw someone that i knew that worked there so i got em for 70
i have the same ones you shouldve went to cruthfeild.com they had them on sale for $50