Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

do it yourself hack job

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 07:56 PM
Default do it yourself hack job

i just bought a 2002 camaro off of a lot and i gotta admit this car is pretty awesome. now just alittle bit ago one of the speakers went out on it ,i knew prior that it had aftermarket speakers and the kid who owned it before me had a system in it . well my brother in law installs those professionally and told me this kid did it himself ....that made me worry alittle . so i took the speaker out of the panel in the back and the kid had completely severed the stock wire to wrap around the crappy speaker wire he used for the system that is no longer in the car . im not great with car audio but having some background in electronics thats something you just dont do , so now im out one speaker and have to pay my bro in law to fix this mess lol but the speakers do sound great . the radio is getting replaced next week , its an old jvc that i swear is haunted

Old 06-08-2012, 06:07 PM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

You could rerun a wire from the stereo to that speaker if the stock wiring is not usible. It's very easy and would be a lot easier to do when you replace the stereo since you're doing that.

Old 06-08-2012, 10:44 PM
April 2012 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Damn your bro in law charges you for that mine put my system in for free

Old 06-09-2012, 04:05 AM

i got the speaker to work again thankfully. as for my bro in law charging me, yea he said he would give me a deal since im family but little does he know , i have freinds who do this stuff just for fun lol , ya know sit around drink a few , wrench on some classics , little did i know they do audio as well ....think i should pay attention more to the cars ...then the ladies who are there as well lol