Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Delco Bose Radio Cassette 1995

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 05:34 AM
Default Delco Bose Radio Cassette 1995

Hi everyone.
Based in England and have just bought 95 3.4Lt Canmaro with the original Delco Bose radio cassette player. Have new Haines manual which warns of an anti theft device which might be fitted to the audio system, but tried to obtain the code as I need to disconnect the battery. Tried the method advised in the manual but couldn't get the unit to show any sort of code so believe this might only apply to newer models. Can anyone advise me before I take the plunge please?
thanks and Happy New Year.

Old 12-31-2008, 03:14 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: Delco Bose Radio Cassette 1995

there is no real way to check the current code on the radio. the pervious owners should have writtin it down but since there is no record try the default code 1234 but if that doesnt work go to a chevy dealership and they can unlock the radio for you.

Old 01-02-2009, 02:57 AM

Thanks for reply. Had a look at the Chevy owners manual. It mentions the anti theft device being on the Delco Bose Radio/CD player, but no mention of it for the radio/cassette (which I have fitted). Do you think there is one? As stated, can't get it to show any sort of code or indication that it might need one. Car was originally an export to Japan, so no paperwork regarding the audio system. GM garages over here in UK are useless when it comes to something out of the ordinary, which Camaros definately are! Appreciate your help.
Happy New Year.

Old 01-02-2009, 04:17 PM
In the Staging Lanes

hmm i would think its the same set up but im not sure i guess go toa auto parts store and pick up a tempbattery mem its something you stick into yourlighter andpowers you deck so you dont loose the time and presets. that will work so you dont have to worry about the code but withtemp battery mem there will still be a small current flowing so if you just want to change the battery and no other electrical work that should work great. sorry i dont really know what the device is called excatly

Old 01-03-2009, 05:12 AM

Thats sounds like a good piece of kit. Not seen those over here, but will look out for one. Certainly would be a solution. Thanks for the heads up.