Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Anyone have a 1994 Delco Bose head unit?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 04:42 PM
4th Gear Member
Default Anyone have a 1994 Delco Bose head unit?

My CD player wont work anymore, anyone have one theyd like to get rid of? Ill put down 60 bucks and shipping for it.

Old 09-15-2007, 12:21 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Anyone have a 1994 Delco Bose head unit?

I have a 96 Camaro and mine came with the Bose premium system and I happened to have the stereocurrently out because I just put in Pioneer P4900IB head unit. I guess the ones they used in 96 were the same as the ones used in 94but the reason I took thestereo out was because it was kind of posessed like it would randomly change radio stations and sometimes tracks on a cd but other then that I was very happy with the unit. So if you want it I'll give it to you for $50 since it's kind of messed up I don't know the problem might be fixable, it may not be. As far as the outside of the stereo the only flaw is that the plastic screen cover has a slight crack in it however it isn't deep and doesn't go all the way through to the screen. So it doesn't affect anything that shows up on the screen. I don't know where you are located but I live in Lake Saint Louis Missouri and I can ship it if necessary.

Old 09-15-2007, 12:47 PM
4th Gear Member

ok, ill let you know. I appriciate the offer. Im actually thinking about going aftermarket.

Old 09-15-2007, 03:11 PM
1st Gear Member

Dude I'm not trying to be a sales-men or anything but going aftermarket was the worst choice I did with that car. After Best Buy put in that Pioneer head unit my Bose factory sub has popped every time I turn the head unit on/off and whenever I change radio stations. I've complained to Best Buy about it multiple times and they're excuse is that the Bose speakers and sub are only meant to be used with the Bose headunit that it comes with the Bose Premium option. So if you have the actual Bose premium system in the car: Bose speakers and Bose/Delco sub then I would recommend just getting another Bose head unit. Because basically Best Buy said that in order to cure the popping I would have to get all new speakers, speaker harnesses, I would have to get the whole car re-wired for sound, and I would also have to pay a ridiculous fee for them to bypass the whole old stereo system. Then the stereo still wouldn't be half as good as it was because I would still have to buy the amp and sub to make it sound good. If you don't believe me then just ask around about the popping problem that these cars have with aftermarket head units. I'm sure you'll find many cases.

Old 10-09-2007, 11:56 AM
Overdrive Member

Go for the JVC kdr-hd1 -- you will LOVE the HD Radio!!! I just upgrade my 95 Bose system, and no problems. The radio is about $100 on eBay, and you need the Scoche adapter to make proper use of your Bose Amp, also get the factory wiring harness and shrink-crimp that to the Scoche adapter & JVC radio, the only other things you need is an antenna adapter cable, and a Metra install kit for the dash for a nice look. You can get an iPod adapter for this JVC too. You will be amazed at how good it sounds when all done - my friend asked the other day if I replaced all the speakers, but they are all stock! Just be sure to adjust the Scoche adapter to your preferences along w/radio sound settings...

Old 10-09-2007, 12:01 PM
Overdrive Member

BS. All you need is the Scoche OEA4 Bose OEM Factory Amplifier Adapter to solve these issues.
It is just too bad Scoche does not have something similar for the Monsoon Amp. :-(

See:
http://www.scosche.com/scosche_carau...36&ItemID=OEA4

ORIGINAL: purpl96

Dude I'm not trying to be a sales-men or anything but going aftermarket was the worst choice I did with that car. After Best Buy put in that Pioneer head unit my Bose factory sub has popped every time I turn the head unit on/off and whenever I change radio stations. I've complained to Best Buy about it multiple times and they're excuse is that the Bose speakers and sub are only meant to be used with the Bose headunit that it comes with the Bose Premium option. So if you have the actual Bose premium system in the car: Bose speakers and Bose/Delco sub then I would recommend just getting another Bose head unit. Because basically Best Buy said that in order to cure the popping I would have to get all new speakers, speaker harnesses, I would have to get the whole car re-wired for sound, and I would also have to pay a ridiculous fee for them to bypass the whole old stereo system. Then the stereo still wouldn't be half as good as it was because I would still have to buy the amp and sub to make it sound good. If you don't believe me then just ask around about the popping problem that these cars have with aftermarket head units. I'm sure you'll find many cases.