Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

8" w7s in a 74

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 07:37 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default 8" w7s in a 74

i have 2 8inch w7s that i want to drop in my trunk i am going to have 2 500/1s so one to power each sub i know its goin to hit hard and i cant really find some sealant so my stuff wont rattle to much, i know im going to have to build i custom box but im wondering if when i do that if i place them near the seats and have them angled out should i build the box there and then just build a little side cover and cover up the trunk that would go over my tires for a smooth look and put the two amps on carpet in the middle or what are some ideas on that

Old 03-17-2007, 01:22 AM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: 8" w7s in a 74

can you post a pic of your trunk, that would help

Old 03-27-2007, 02:14 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: 8" w7s in a 74

Your going to pop those 8" sending 500 to each one assuming your using 500/1's. If your JL crazy you should look at something like their 300/2 instead. It's an A/B amp and slightly less power so it's going to sound better. If your worried about rattles, look at sound deadening like E-Dead or Hush-Mat. You can find both on the net pretty cheap compared to their less quailty competitors like Dyna-Mat or Roadkill. It's a great idea to build your box and drop it in the back, you wont even have to carpet anything except the front, then build side covers for all the dead space around it less, loos really good and sounds just fine. Let me know if you have questions on the sound deadening or other design ideas.