93-02 Wheels, Tires and Exterior

wreck

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2016, 01:33 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I was just giving you a heads up, I have known a few lawyers and rule one is never sue a poor person, the second rule was law suits are not about right and wrong they are about compensation for wrong. You can not get blood from a stone (aka see rule one).

A person can not be put in jail for owing money they can go for contempt of court in the above story the kid (he was only 19) avoided jail time by agreeing to pay $5 yes $5 per month. He made 3 payments. It will cost your County about $200 per day to jail this guy. I seriously doubt they are going to try to hold a guy on contempt charges for 60 days at a cost to the tax payers of 12K so you can get back $3000 which they (the county) would pay. Reality check is if he goes for contempt he is going to get fines, those fines will need paid BEFORE you get paid He will be out in less then 2 days with $200-$700 in fines/court charges.

There is a reason lenders don't press issues after they have a judgment. You don't see the the jails full of people that defaulted on their mortgages in some civil judgments of 100s of thousands of dollars to companies that have full time lawyers. (see rule one). One of two things is going to happen, Either this guy will get his life together and the first thing on his to do list will be satisfying this judgement or he won't and you are not going to get paid.

Ron Goldman chased OJ with with lawyers for years trying to get paid for his judgement. OJ told a judge he did not know where is Heisman trophy was LOL. There was pictures of it in a display case in his home but when they got there to pick it up it was gone. I understand completely why Ron did it but I bet he spent almost as much on lawyers then he ever got from OJ.

I wish you all the luck in the world but this process is maddening.

Last edited by Gorn; 02-18-2016 at 01:54 PM.
Old 02-19-2016, 01:27 PM
4th Gear Member

thanks I know the madness is his life not mine other then to fix my car wich I will .i had the heads up from many of my friends trust me ,the point is what it does to his life .loseing the DL fallowing him for 20 years ,time in jail these days ,the fact they he will have to get in insurance pool ,that will cost him like $2000.00 a year +,poor or not he will pay ,I had to pay for my wrongs in life poor or not ,every situation is different ,so again my point was he pays an so many other ways even if I don't get a dime ,an when it comes to my car ,an the fact the my insurance screwed me ,its the point ,an if the only way I can get justice is to screw up his life concerning my car actually its not me screwing him he srewed himself point blank ,I got no problem with that ,way to many people walk on these things in the past so again new laws are in place hear in NH . he want be walking he will pay much more then $3200 he owes me in pain an sufferering,these days they will ask him to get the money any way he can short of robing someone mom an dad a lone a friend they don't care ,but will see ,I refuse to compare my situation to any other one ,couse there all different ,again I am not paying an attorney so don't see why you keep mentioning that,the police officer told me its kinda like getting Dui until he pays he gets no licence ,so if he wants to go till he is 45 year old without one ,his fault not mine ,then I can bring up again after 20 years meen while it makes his life very hard I had 2 dui in my life an they cost me big money ,like 10.000 for one an more ,an lost pay from work an not being able to get there unless I had a ride ,this is worse for him ,couse dui leaves record after 7 years or 8 ,not 20 years they take this very serious now in NH an mass even more ,if he goes to mass NH an mass are connected ,so that my justice an any money on top good ,actually it will be better for him to come up with the money ,I am poor allways have been ,what would I do pay couse I would not want the reprocution he will get,for me well worth the $175.00 it cost me ,not to mention he gets caught driving without licence adds more trouble for him,they don't play like they used to ,an like said I got him saying to my insurance that he would pay .so judge that sees that will say no reason why you cant pay if you said you would right hear on paper,oh I will get paid knowing how his life is in shambles for long time just like OJ before he went to jail ,his life was a mess from day on after he spent every dime to pay getting away with murder,an that been my point the whole time not weather I get dime out of the guy or not ,I guess you missed that part ,even though I am asking to get paid in full ,does not meen in exspect a dime ,only that his life will be big mess ,an I deserve the same thing if I want to be a fool

Last edited by 95 camaro 406; 02-19-2016 at 02:00 PM.
Old 02-19-2016, 02:21 PM
4th Gear Member

couse there is nothing short about this to add ,is that if he does not pay a warrant goes out in some amount from half to whole amount ,then when he bonds out say $1500.00,that money come directly to me ,an then I can it can happen again ,if say they set $5.00 a week if he misses one week I spend $25,00 then the warrant goes out for the arrest ,all I have to do is make call to the sheriff ,an they no where he lives an will serve it ever time ,so he may have to spend some time in jail for me to get paid ,but that helps me ,some states pay him so much a day ,an ultimately the state or county pays his debt ,I will find that out soon enough,i already won the amount owed + fees ,so yes a lot ofmadness for him ,mine is just fixing the car wich to me I would rather be in my shoes then his for sure

Last edited by 95 camaro 406; 02-19-2016 at 02:27 PM.
Old 02-20-2016, 09:05 AM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Just remember if you push to hard he will move to another State. Different States have different laws on civil judgments. Here in PA civil judgments are on your records for 10 years.

On the low end of the legal latter are lawyer that buy debt. They buy it for pennies on the dollar. They then go to court and get a civil judgment (which is what you have). They end up collecting about a 1/3 of the original dept. So they pay 4-6 cents per dollar and they get about 33 cents in return.

I know this because I sat through a lawyer laying it out, looking for investors to start up a debt collection company. If a lawyer looking for investors is says 1/3 of civil judgment get paid it pretty safe "statistically" that is your chance of seeing your money.

Old 02-20-2016, 12:04 PM
4th Gear Member

yes I will ,on to what to fix my car ,I found 3 black ones one red one within 100 miles for 93 to 95 ,one is $300.00 another 350.00 then 600.00 an 750.00,i don't want to spend more 700.00 for parts car ,the one has new set of tires for my 99 so that would be + .one with some nice rims an tires yes would be +,but I want to make sure ,no crackes in fender bumper cover hood ,I figure with car I got every part I need then order I box of the body clips cheap ,be nice to just have the donor siting hear soon ,I am thinking uhaul trailer an a friend with a hitch ,2 of them run ,will see hope its soon

Old 02-21-2016, 01:14 PM
4th Gear Member

I may actually with most of the carsbeing so far away the hood bumper cover fender head light rack the reinforcement plate the under fender ,al the main 5 parts shipped to me 3 of them painted to the codes in my glove box all that shipped to me ,is $1000.00 ,I am think the other the honey comb renforcement used one $100.00 shipped to me .some new clips bag of 100 cheap ,then I may need one bracket on passengers side ,what ever I need will be small ,then I don't deal with repainting them any way ,the body shop the paint is $900.00 alone ,nothing else ,I think I am going to do it myself with help of my friend ,worse case I pay them aabout 8 hours labor to put the new parts on right but still save an do it for like $2000 or less ,just having those parts would be great ,this about donor car it can good or bad ,I may just got that way ,or both,i wish I could find one close to home for $300.00 there all about 100 miles away,painted automotiveparts.com

Last edited by 95 camaro 406; 02-21-2016 at 01:17 PM.
Old 03-06-2016, 04:31 PM
4th Gear Member
Default fixing it

[QUOTE=95 camaro 406;702284]got into crash few days ago ,thought I would mention hear ,the kid was crossing a median ,failed to yield ,admits his fault he had no insurance , finaly going to fix the car make over to the 98-02 look ,i did well with my ring thing on ebay in feb an got the money to fix it ,plan is to do it myself worst case i make take it to have it tweaked a bit at a body shop ,got 99% of the parts ,,an my day in court comeing soon ,i was not waiting to get paid ,only retribution served up cold for the kid who hit me liability is very important to have ,geting new tail lights too ,car should look pretty much brand new ,may get the other half painted later this year will see,not looking for perfection just from the 10 foot mark the kids doing this now

Last edited by 95 camaro 406; 03-06-2016 at 04:35 PM.
Old 03-20-2016, 01:04 PM
4th Gear Member

so far I am at $1900.00 for 99% of the parts = a few bolts an a bracket or 2 for passengers side ,my day in court is this Friday 130pm ,my insurance quote was 2800.00 for the 95 look ,an to have the ss look for about $600.00 less ,the guy thats helping me ,I am paying $25.00 per hour couse he did body work for 16 years an nothing is free ,I figure 10 hours brings it up $2150.00 for all including paint ,mabey I will pocket about 1000.00 to put to other things ,an mabey I wont ,but all that matter is its getting fixed an I think the guys will be pretty surprized how nice it will look,the amount owed to me $3200.00 I had bill for 300.00 from hospital for whiplash ,so we are getting there both ways

Last edited by 95 camaro 406; 03-20-2016 at 01:09 PM.
Old 03-21-2016, 01:40 PM
4th Gear Member

bumper cover fenders ss hood shipped today should have them Thursday an get pictures the weekend ,hope to start in about 2 weeks fixing it

Old 03-24-2016, 12:01 PM
4th Gear Member

parts out for deliver today ,day before court tomorrow 130pm now that I think I am there pretty close to fixing it anything I can get is better then nothing ,

Quick Reply: wreck