93-02 Wheels, Tires and Exterior

AR Estrella Rims

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 11:00 PM
2nd Gear member
Default AR Estrella Rims

Instead of doing the check myself I went ahead and asked my father to check on the bolt pattern. Was told they were correct and would fit but I looked it up and seems they won't. They are AR Estrella 17x7.5" with 5x4.25/5x4.5 bolt pattern, +40mm offset and a 5 3/4" backspace. So I'm sure they won't fit correctly, but what I'm wondering is if there is a way such as using spacers/adapters (if such a thing) with different bolt pattern to fit these rims or some other sort of method to use...? He only payed $50 for them used and after cleaning them up I'm sure I could at least make money off of them which would greatly benefit me, but would much rather get the 04 gto black rims off my car and replace with these! Any help?!?!

Not sure about the 7.5" width though, but the gto rims are only 8" so visually no difference to most with naked eye. Just not sure what to do with these now :/

***ADDITION***

Need an opinion. Father works at ASI where they do fab work with a lot of aluminum and magnesium and quite a few other materials. They have the capability to custom cut my rims to fit what I need. Was told to get the bolt pattern from my stock rims using something like a pencil rub on paper, and to get the pattern from the AR rims the same way to compare. Then, they could cut the lug holes into an oblong shape to make up the difference. I would then need to find universal washers which are made in this shape to slide into them so the rim will not slide and then just bolt them on. No need to change studs or lug nuts. Basically making them "universal".

Anyone heard of this or know about this method or if it's safe to alter the rims this way? Also having a hard time even looking these washers up...
Found "offset washers" could these be what they're referring to?