93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

What Shoul I Do?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 11:05 AM
Overdrive Member
Default RE: What Shoul I Do?

They should bring back the emblem in your profile for the '09 Camaro -- isn't that one of the original Camaro emblems?

Old 07-27-2007, 04:27 PM
4' 11" 117 lbs of fury!

chappie your picking a fight with one of the best like most helpful members of the sight not to mentoin an admin if pete was a bad guy youd be baned already so i suggest that you calm down and understand that he knows what hes talking about

Old 07-27-2007, 07:06 PM
3rd Gear Member

Wow, did know Pete was the "Camaro God" lets all bow down..Call me crazy, but arnt we in this for the fun of the sport. I would much rather build something the way I want it rather than buy it. Call it pride, but every toy I have ever owned has started out as a project and the final out come ended up being something I created... Yes, I said I. I didnt pay anybody or buy it that way.. I knew everything that went in or came out. Every size bolt, nut, torque spec. Its kinda like the chump you see on the side of the road with a flat tire waiting for the hook.
I will never forget the day I saw this dude at a car show in Tewksbury MA.. He had a beautiful 69 SS with a sweet flame job and a Big Block to die for...I asked him what was in it and the tard responded, "I dont know, I pay A guy to do all my work." I wanted to puke. How can you stand by your car with a smile on your face when the only Wrench time put into it is trying to find the spare tire, which by being on this forum I have realized is a tough thing to do.

So Pete, feel free to ban me, I wont loose sleep. If I upset you, sorry dude maybe reality is tough on a budget. Be proud of "Your" work, not Skippys Garages work.
ORIGINAL: BigNic

chappie your picking a fight with one of the best like most helpful members of the sight not to mentoin an admin if pete was a bad guy youd be baned already so i suggest that you calm down and understand that he knows what hes talking about

Old 07-27-2007, 09:57 PM
4' 11" 117 lbs of fury!

becuase not everybody is mechanically inclined and petes right i have a v6 and i dont plan on selling it for a v8 and i put the cai in it and had the exaughst put in i cange the oil but when my alternator went i took it in i do have some of the work done cust im not a great mechanic and some people have no time to learn and id love to learn but some people have no ambition to they just want a nice car and that fine it dosent mean they dont love their car and we are in this for the fun of the sport problem is your ruining everybodys good time sooooo ............[sm=icon_quiet.gif]

Old 07-28-2007, 12:19 AM
1st Gear Member

I wish I was a mechanic. I'm 17 and I don't know **** about cars, maybe I can learn :P

Old 07-28-2007, 07:33 AM
3rd Gear Member

Dont wish, do.. Its not hard. It starts by trying, I have no problem if I have started something and realize that got in over my head. And at that point I dont mind asking for help. If you go to your local library, they have all the repair manuals by Chiltons. Make copies of the job you are doing and bring it home. Read it step by step, and if you run into problems, dont hesitate picking up your phone and calling your local garage and asking for help.. Explain that you are in a jamb, your are young and just learning, I bet you if the guy is cool he just may stop by your help and offer you a hand. If he cant come by, he may help you out over the phone.
You said you can change your own oil right. Putting in an starter or alternater isnt that hard. But you will make mistakes, you will get stuck.. Thats how you learn. You learn from doing. Think of the money you could save.
Pete, Im sorry for starting this whole issue. To these young kids that wanna learn, incourage them to try. This era is dying so fast due to it being easier to open your wallet than it is to open a book.

Old 07-28-2007, 10:32 AM
3rd Gear Member

so is it worth it convertin the 3.8 into a 5.7, or is it a better choice to sell the whole car and just buy a car with a v8 already in it

Old 07-28-2007, 11:20 AM
2nd Gear member

personally i would save up and sell for a Z28 or SS, thats what i plan on doing. but some people enjoy building and moding there cars to make them go faster but in the end its cheaper just to sell and re-purchase, it just depends on who you are and what you enjoy doing

Old 07-28-2007, 11:41 AM
4th Gear Member

chappie99............

Old 07-28-2007, 01:01 PM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

I think that converting a V6 to a V8 is a great way to learn. Just me though.
UNLESS, it is a daily driver and you need the car all the time and a swap would hinder you transportation means. In that case I would check out the stickies and go that route.
Here is something to get you started, and feel free to ask when you get stuck.

https://camaroforums.com/m_16222/tm.htm please not the helpfull authors name. (yeah I know I am being bad)

https://camaroforums.com/m_55629/tm.htm