93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

What Shoul I Do?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 05:49 PM
Default What Shoul I Do?

Waddup..Aight i have a 98camaro v6..I Have about 4,000 dollars..what should i buy to get the most horse power?

Old 07-20-2007, 06:16 PM
Tech Droid
Default RE: What Shoul I Do?

My best advice, sell the V6 and buy a V8. You will still have some money left to do some mods to the V8

Old 07-26-2007, 07:23 PM
3rd Gear Member

quite an a$$ #0le answer Pete. Not everybody can afford what you can.
Maybe he is happy with the gas mileage he is getting and the cost of insurance. You maybe kidding, or maybe not. The dude has a serious question he has looked to this forumn for help.. Did you help him????No, you didnt. This site is full of AutoZone weekend warriors. Everytime a question is asked that is somewhat complicated or what a true gear head would know, it never gets answered. I am so unimpressed by this site and the lack of know-how most of you guys have. Everytime a "stupid question" is asked, it get "stupid, idiotic,lack of experience answer." ACKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-26-2007, 08:22 PM
3rd Gear Member

well, i have the same car as you do, and might i say, parts are hard to find for them, and i dont know extactly what it is that they changed from 98 - 99 or the seris 1 to seris 2, but, my opinion if you want to keep the 3.8 build her stronger, and headers, exhaust, gearsand what not. and i have found only one supercharged for the 98's made by rksport and its about 3k, so there goes most of your 4 g's if you do that. but on the other hand, i have thought about it too, going to an ls1 which not only you gotta buy the engine, you gotta, beefin up your rear end, its alot of work and will cost more than 4k probally, and i honestly wouldnt recomend it, but its possible. i decided instead of doing anything to my 6'er ill just go and get me a z, i found me a 93 lt1 for about 4 grand im about to get as soon as i sell my car

Old 07-26-2007, 10:29 PM
Tech Droid

ORIGINAL: Chappie99

Maybe he is happy with the gas mileage he is getting and the cost of insurance. You maybe kidding, or maybe not. The dude has a serious question he has looked to this forumn for help.. Did you help him????No, you didnt. This site is full of AutoZone weekend warriors. Everytime a question is asked that is somewhat complicated or what a true gear head would know, it never gets answered. I am so unimpressed by this site and the lack of know-how most of you guys have. Everytime a "stupid question" is asked, it get "stupid, idiotic,lack of experience answer." ACKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!
98camaroguyhas $4000 to spend on the car and he is looking to get the most performance, By selling his V6 andusing about $2000 of the $4000 he has available to spend, he can buy a V8 and and still have $2000 left to improve the V8. Spending $4000 on the V6 is not going to give him as much performance.

Now, you should try reading the man's post instead of blowing smoke. And what constructive and experienced answer did you provide? None; apparently there is nothing but hot airand smokebetween your ears.
And if you hadread the stickies in the V6 section,you would have seenseveral detailed lists of things that can be done to improve V6 power.

Old 07-26-2007, 10:52 PM
4th Gear Member

BEST choice is to sell and buy a V8 car...

You may be able to find a LS1 car for as little as 10K if you look in the right places...

But if you keep the V6, 4K will go along way...if you stick to your goal, not many people do (myself included)

read the sticky

Old 07-26-2007, 10:58 PM
Overdrive Member

LOL, you tell him Pete ;-)

Old 07-27-2007, 05:03 AM
3rd Gear Member

Pete, you should own a Ford. I did read his post, and what ever stickey has to do with it, kinda sounds personal..So, basicallybig, bad Peteis saying. Sell your car and get maybe 3 grand, take the three and the four grand you have. Go and spend seven grand on somebodys elses timebomb. Then be pissed that you could have spent the time and money to do it right...Have your car off the road because its in pcs, have to look at it everyday until your so pissed you sell it for fivehundred dollars.
ORIGINAL: z28pete

ORIGINAL: Chappie99

98camaroguyhas $4000 to spend on the car and he is looking to get the most performance, By selling his V6 andusing about $2000 of the $4000 he has available to spend, he can buy a V8 and and still have $2000 left to improve the V8. Spending $4000 on the V6 is not going to give him as much performance.

Now, you should try reading the man's post instead of blowing smoke. And what constructive and experienced answer did you provide? None; apparently there is nothing but hot airand smokebetween your ears.
And if you hadread the stickies in the V6 section,you would have seenseveral detailed lists of things that can be done to improve V6 power.

Old 07-27-2007, 06:44 AM
4th Gear Member

dude im sorry but pete is right. i have a 98 3.8 and i had like 4 grant to work with. i just bought a old z28 and im happy. for 10 grand you can make your v6 as quick as a v8 but its cheaper to get a v8...............

Old 07-27-2007, 07:20 AM
2nd Gear member

i agree with pete. you would actually end up spending less money just selling your V6buying a stock V8, than tryin to modyour V6