93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

what the...

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 09:37 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrfreez
Take the IAC motor out and use throttle body cleaner on it. Plug it in and put your key to the On position and the cylinder will move out. Spray that really good with throttle body cleaner. Let it dry and then put it back in. Spray some TB cleaner in the intake while you're at it. That should help the iac.
ok i will, i know it has nothing to do with the fuel pump. pressure is right were it needs to be due to the GT2 cam and all, besides i got a aftermarket regulator and its tuned, but i started it last night cause i was curious, and it ran fine! well, of course it will when you bring home a tech II. and a master tech, it wouldnt even act up...its posessed.

Old 10-02-2010, 01:15 PM
Overdrive Member

I love possesed cars!! My X had a car that would never do anything funny with me driving but it did all the time with her. I hated that car (it was a ford) and she thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. I guess it is like a cat, it will try to get the people that do not like it to like it by cuddling up with them. I was happy to see that car leave... Unfortunatly she wanted another ford. My wife now is much smarter... she drives a 2000 Z28

Massey

Old 10-02-2010, 04:47 PM
4th Gear Member

LOL at Massey. When I meet my wife, she was driving one of those Olsmobile with a diesel engine. Everytime she drove it, something happened to it and we had to drag it home. I could drive it a month and nothing would happen. I mean things like the alt just deciding to break the bracket and fall off, stuff like that. I finally caught her gone on day and sold it for $400. We been married 20 years and she is still pizzed about that!

Old 10-02-2010, 07:21 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by osduck5
LOL at Massey. When I meet my wife, she was driving one of those Olsmobile with a diesel engine. Everytime she drove it, something happened to it and we had to drag it home. I could drive it a month and nothing would happen. I mean things like the alt just deciding to break the bracket and fall off, stuff like that. I finally caught her gone on day and sold it for $400. We been married 20 years and she is still pizzed about that!
ooohhh i heard bad things about those! haha, well i did what mr freeze said and it helped a little. i plugged in a iac off a 4.3 and that one moves and all that jazz when the key is on, unscrewed the one in the 3800 intake and did the same...nothing, so im calling it bad.