93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

vibrates in idle... parked

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 08:40 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default vibrates in idle... parked

Hey everyone. new here . Ive searched for an answer on here but havent found anything close so here goes. I have a 93 with the 3.4 motor and an automatic.What its doing is when its idling in park the whole car vibrates like your sitting in a vibrating chair. the motor runs like a top and tranny shifts fine. Although when i put it in gear the vibration gets a little worse. Throughout diving range it doesnt vibrate. Can this be a bad motor or tranny mount or is this typical of these cars? I just got this car 2 days ago.Im at a loss. Thanks

Old 09-21-2007, 10:19 AM
Tech Droid
Default RE: vibrates in idle... parked

This is not typical. Is the check engine lite lit? If it is, get the PCM scanned & find out what the problem is. Keep in mind that as the engine spins faster it tends to hide many problems unless you know what to look for.
In order of cost:
1) Do a compression check & see if there is a weak cylinder.
2) Throw in a couple of cans of injector cleaner
3) Check fuel pressure & Pressure Regulator
4) Replace plugs & wires
5) Check & replace coil packs & ignition module

Old 09-21-2007, 01:22 PM
In the Staging Lanes

The check engine lite is not lit. I have done everything except for the compression check. Its all ok. still open to other sugestions.The motor doesnt have a miss or anything. even when idling. car just vibrates really fast. like getting a massageI will look into the compression check though. thanks

Old 09-21-2007, 08:31 PM
3rd Gear Member

With it being an automatic, all you need to do is pop the hood. With the car in gear push the gas pedal down slowley, not to the point that the rear tires break loose. If the engine starts to rotate to the right excessivily,the engine mount is bad.

Old 09-21-2007, 11:13 PM
2nd Gear member

you could try seafoam. My car did that and now it idles smoother. I used seafoam to help with the vibration

Old 09-22-2007, 07:51 PM
3rd Gear Member

I am hearing alot about this seafoam, what is it?

Old 09-22-2007, 09:36 PM
2nd Gear member

Seafoam is a time tested and over all great highly refined petroleum based cleaning solvent. It can be used to remove carbon buildup, to cleanse injectors and carburetors, fuel sysetms, oil systems, upper block and cylinder assemblies, intake runners, and even used as a fuel treatment. You can buy it at any well equipped auto parts retailer and even Wal Mart.

Old 09-23-2007, 11:45 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Seafoam in some pretty good stuff. Where did you use it on yours? in your gas? or did you soak something in it?

Old 09-23-2007, 11:47 AM
In the Staging Lanes

I will check today if the motor mount is bad . but what if its too stiff? same scenario? I forgot to mention the motor was replaced just before i got the car. Tranny was rebuilt bout 5000 miles ago.

Old 09-23-2007, 02:12 PM
3rd Gear Member

Motor swaps are expensive, so most try to save as much $$$ as possible. So unless the motor mount is junk, why would they replace it.

Quick Reply: vibrates in idle... parked