93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

v6 performance parts

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 06:23 PM
4th Gear Member

Lower intake manifold or rear main seal most likely. How quick are you losing oil?

Old 01-28-2010, 07:31 PM
Overdrive Member

Check near that breather pipe going into the air intake rubber tube at the end going into the valve cover. Your rubber mating 90 degree adapter could be disintegrating...

Originally Posted by 94camaroV6lover
everytime i get out of my car after its been running, i always smell burnt oil, i checked to see if there was any leaks but nothing. i just replaced the valve covers and the egr valve and some gaskets. wheres is it leaking? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-28-2010, 08:20 PM

thanks for the help. and its a half quart low and i got the oil change about 3 weeks ago.

Old 02-01-2010, 10:40 PM

is a 94 camaro 10 bolt or 12 bolt differental? im trying to get short gears.

Old 03-03-2010, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by libertyforall1776
Take it easy on the newbies, evilkal. ;-) I think he's looking for some suggestions.

But yes, DO search:
http://tinyurl.com/ygjkfh9

exactly i agree. dont be jerk take it easy calm down a notch evilkal

Old 03-03-2010, 10:20 PM
4th Gear Member

I don't take it easy on people. Get used to it. Liberty gets to experience it all the time so he's more used to it than new people...

Don't want an opinion? Don't ask. My opinion is that you should search before you automatically register and post.

Old 03-04-2010, 12:06 AM
In the Staging Lanes

well i dont want my head bit off to but do any of you have a cam in your 3.4 im looking into them but dont know what would be best any help would be awesome

Old 03-04-2010, 03:00 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 94camaroV6lover
is a 94 camaro 10 bolt or 12 bolt differental? im trying to get short gears.
I think its a 10 bolt?

Don't expect to get much power from bolt ons, and for God's sake, DO NOT buy that eBay crap - those +20 HP "chips", electric "superchargers", etc etc they do NOT work. they do NOT WORK!!!!

The +20 "chips" just trick your ECM into thinking the incoming air is colder than it actually is, therefore injecting more fuel. However, this generally only results in a massive increase in fuel consumption and emissions, and fouled spark plugs and drivability problems.

The electric "superchargers" are just bilge pumps made to evacuate flammable vapors from boats' engine compartments. They do not have anywhere near the flowrate to increase your engine's output, and actually reduce horsepower because they get in the way of the airflow.

Increasing your injector size, without any other mods, will not improve performance and may cause drivability problems. Likewise, buying fancy spark plugs and brightly colored spark plug wires will do nothing on anything except a highly modified engine. Get AC Delco plugs made from whatever material came stock (copper, platinum, or iridium) and get a good set of Napa Beldin or Delco plug wires.

CAI and exhaust will help, but don't expect anything massive. I installed a CAI, headers, high-flow cat, s-pipe, catback, and got a computer tune on my 1996 3.8 and the difference is not huge. The headers in particular were much more trouble then they were worth.

Just get your little 3.4 in good working order, enjoy driving it and accept its not a speed demon, and after you get a lot of good miles out of the car buy a Z28 or w/e if you feel the need to go fast.

Old 03-05-2010, 01:04 PM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 94Rockin3.4
well i dont want my head bit off to but do any of you have a cam in your 3.4 im looking into them but dont know what would be best any help would be awesome
You should make a new thread and put all of your questions in there instead of posting in other people's threads please.

To the question about the rear end... The 94 3.4 has a 10 bolt open differential with a series 2 carrier (I think on the carrier part).

Old 03-05-2010, 05:31 PM
Overdrive Member

Not totally true, MSD wires have MUCH better construction & boots than OEM, and they reduce EMI, which means potentially cleaner stereo audio!

I went with Denso, read this:
http://www.camarohomepage.com/project/part1.htm

Originally Posted by Masospaghetti
Likewise, buying fancy spark plugs and brightly colored spark plug wires will do nothing on anything except a highly modified engine. Get AC Delco plugs made from whatever material came stock (copper, platinum, or iridium) and get a good set of Napa Beldin or Delco plug wires.

Quick Reply: v6 performance parts