93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

V6 Camaro is crap?!!?!?!?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 03:01 AM
Default V6 Camaro is crap?!!?!?!?!?!?

Let me quote some idiot on another forum:
"V6 Camaro... Thats like a V6 Mustang there is no point to owning one."
" V6 camaro is in the same discussion as a pinto, taures, convertable geo,etc. 0 chick status,ugly and slow, super slow. "
"I have driven a V6 camaro before. I think I had more fun in a toyota camry."
"ide honestly must rather drive a honda than a v6 camaro...."

What do you guys think about that??!!
This is coming for Subaru and Audi owners, btw

Old 09-22-2005, 09:37 AM
Overdrive Member
Default RE: V6 Camaro is crap?!!?!?!?!?!?

I think someone may have peed in his cheerios. I don't know about the 3.4, but I had a 3.8 and it was quite the peppy little engine. It ten times better than the V6 Mustangs. If you remember when coupled with a turbo the 3.8 cars are very quick (Buick Grand National, and the Turbo T/A). I liked the engine, and in fact am looking for new Camaro. I wouldn't mind having another 3.8.

EDIT: Those cars I mentioned were from the '80's. I didn't see Subaru with any hot runners back then.

Old 09-22-2005, 07:02 PM
In the Staging Lanes

the 3.4 aint a bad engine. thats what i have. if its just completly stock yeah its not that fast and responsive. but with just a flowmaster or magnaflow installed and a airintake its peppy enough. and theres alot more you can do too to them.

Old 09-23-2005, 02:10 AM
Tech Droid

The 3.4 can be mode to make some decent power. We built one up for a Pontiac Grand Prix, and the car was able to do the 1/4 in the high 14s to low 15s at around 90 to 92 MPH. Used Crane cam, 3400 porcupine heads giving 11:1 compression, custom lenght push rods, and 3400 manifold, port matched heads to manifold, 3" exhaust with cat, cold air intake, and reprogrammed computer. Dyno run shows engine running lean on top end, so there is a little more power left. The car is very streetable, and fuel mileage is not obscene. The car is several hundred pounds heavier than a Camaro, and has less traction due to front drive. So a camaro with this set up should be quicker and faster.

Old 09-24-2005, 11:38 AM

That person has no idea what they are talking about, when you take in all the factors like price, insurance, quality of car, stock power the v6 camaro is a great buy. It was hard to find a 5 speed in but with 4 wheel ABS disc breaks a nicer interior and a better engine than the mustang what’s not to like, you can go out and get a honda if you want to go on that crappy bandwagon but what do they have to offer at the price, a civic well lodeda what a POS, if you can find a integra that’s ok but with 100K miles at the same price as a 02 camaro who wants it. as for a camary there is no way that came close to the camaro and for looks how can he say the V6 camaro looks bad, I would ask him if he thinks the V8 looks as bad as the V6 see if he even knows what he’s talking about. In this case ignorance is not bliss.

Old 10-12-2005, 04:46 PM

Man oh man, I sure hope you guys are right. I am about to buy a 94 V6 Camaro, and it would suck if it...well...sucked.

Old 10-12-2005, 07:19 PM

^^^ i have yet to regret buying my car
i love it
its fast, and it doesnt use too much gas...
but then again, i have a 3800, not a 3.4... so i dont know about the 3.4

Old 10-19-2005, 11:17 PM

I have a V6 3.8 and I love it its fast and durable its a 98 and when the 2007 come back I plan on buying that one I miss them terribly I suggest if your not a camero fan you go play with your old funcky foreign cars and get off this site

Old 11-22-2005, 07:29 PM
2nd Gear member

the 94 v6 camaros dont suck, i own one. i mean they arent a speed demon but it still has some get up and hey, its a camaro, right? mine is a salvage title though and this is my first car so i dont have a whole lot of experience but i love my car and wouldnt trade it for anything (except an ss or z-28 ) and i know it can beat alot of hondas and toyotas and subarus, ( i have a lead foot).........it gets to be a problem. one final thing, does anyone else with the 3.4 v6 get really bad mpg, i get 15

Old 11-23-2005, 12:03 AM
In the Staging Lanes

I sometimes have a lead foot. When I first had the car i got 16mpg and thats when I had AC set to max and was still learning to shift. Now I get 20 but I dont floor it everytime....
I do have wider tires on the car. I dunno if that makes a diff. mines a 3.4 95

Quick Reply: V6 Camaro is crap?!!?!?!?!?!?