93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

Thanks to all i just beat a v8 with a v6

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 07:49 AM
Ninja Administrator
Default RE: Thanks to all i just beat a v8 with a v6

ORIGINAL: jdelag

Stang I didn't say intakes I said filters as in to take out the one it has and put in two of the cylender ones and yes I only have a one cam stig. And the tune ups are computer wise they change how much horsepower is used in each gear so this is real good for the track. When the car was almost stock I ran 15.8. Then I added slicks and took off like .5 then I added the headers and flowmasters that took a second off. The cams took like .6 off and then I did the tune ups. Which I reccomend everyone to do if you just race at a stop. So yeah I did beat the gt mustang but it only had slicks and nos. And he used the the button that gives the car a push I'm sure stang knows what I'm talking about since they come stock with the car.
u need to know a little bit about cars before you come into an enthusiast forum and just completely make this crap up.

.5 off with slicks? what is your launch style? ill just go ahead and say your car doesnt have the oats to pull that type of a gain off.

-1 with exhaust? are you kidding. no car does that. on a v6 you would be lucky to take off .3 with a full exhaust.

stop saying cams [>:].

your explanation of your "tune-ups" is just wrong.I am very familiar with whole map tuning, and it isnt a per-gear situation. you tune based loosely on RPM, but its actually based on MAP pressure and MAF. and contrary to popular beleif, a tune cannot magically tell an engine "use 300hp now". just not the way it works cheif. all youre doing is readjusting your fuel trims to better utilize the parts you have added.

ill say ur 15.8 may have been legit (or maybe one of ur friends ran it and ur just claiming it for ur car [&:]), and from there im thinking ur gross estimating the reductions and just calling out a final figure.

your car is most likely still in the 15s...... hell, ur so obviously full of it ur probably still stock

Old 04-04-2008, 08:05 AM
Ninja Administrator

sorry, just gotta delve a little deeper into this whole tuning thing. like i said, its based on MAF. your computer reads a signal from your MAF and assigns a fuel level, as well as a predetermined spark timing (this is a pretty rough description of how it works) but thats all. it doesnt account for gear, hp, or anything like that.

especially on your car, which is direct drive, you cannot just say "use xxxx hp" because your computer cannot control how much air ur foot is letting in. also, due to the explanaition above, 3 tunes = 1 tune. you cannot stack tunes. you get 1 fuel trim and 1 timing per MAF. my car has been tuned over a dozen times, each time just modifying the current tune, not adding another

Old 04-04-2008, 02:01 PM

Why are you guys so jealous. Like I have done this with what you guys post and they told me that exhaust is the quickest way to make a car go faster. Then someone told me to stroke the engine so I did and then I also read that slicks help a lot for take off since you get to step more on the gas before the I take off. So yeah then this guy at the san Antonio raceways told me that he does tune ups. So I took it to him. In his stock camaro he ran 12s so. Thought it couldn't be a bad idea. So yeah I might know all the details like many of you but that doesn't beat the fact that my car can keep up to yours or actually beat you.

Old 04-04-2008, 02:09 PM
Ninja Administrator

not jealous, just letting u know we wont be taken for fools.

you stroked the engine too? to what? u didnt a different stroke last time you posted, and someone who actually did the build would include that right away.

a stock ls1 is capable of 12s, especially in texas for some reason [>:], but ur v6 is not. there are alot of v6 guys around with your same mods, ive even seen SC ones, and they dont make the times ur posting with the mods you originally listed. there is nothing special about u or ur car. ur just like every other liar on the net

Old 04-04-2008, 02:10 PM
Ninja Administrator

take a picture of your 12.8 timeslip with a postit or message on it that says "camaroforums.com, v6 camaro" and we will believe you. otherwise im saying you are just guessing and you beat a 96GT 4.6 which is not much faster than a 3.8L camaro to begin with lol

we said exhaust would make you faster, but no way will it take off a full second. seriously, what are you thinking. what other "mods" do you have yet to report?

Old 04-04-2008, 02:31 PM

Like I have done this with what you guys post and they told me that exhaust is the quickest way to make a car go faster. Then someone told me to stroke the engine so I did and then I also read that slicks help a lot for take off since you get to step more on the gas before the I take off.
And yet you missed the most important mod of all - you haven't gutted your cat! Don't you know if you do that you can quit screwing with those POS Mustangs and go after Vipers?

Old 04-04-2008, 02:47 PM
4th Gear Member

YEAH... thats it... were jealous... i would sooo trade in my Z28 for a little V6 with a few mods... You kno what.. your like an internet ricer.. youve got all this crap done to your car and ur tellin people your car is this fast when in reality im sure u ran on the track with your fancy V6 with Slicks got the crap smoked out of you and decided to come here BS us all about some fantasy track run... and i remember the whole twin intake thing and ur crap from before too... SO i made a banner for you and all your riceresque lies.

Name:  ricer-1.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  23.6 KB

Old 04-04-2008, 03:09 PM

If you so remember me you must also know that my big car will kill yours I decided to work on a v6 so I can shut people that say v6 are rice burners. So yeah let me go to the track this weekend and put the dam charts of my time.

Old 04-04-2008, 03:47 PM
Ninja Administrator

ATTENTION

Specter was right. this kid doesnt even have slips yet.

what kind of mustang did u beat? did i also call that one? an npi GT?
y dont you just listen to us? were not making fun of u (ok, we are, but its ur attitude.... thats y). most of us here are experienced enough to know what is reasonable, and 12.8 on a v6 camaro with a few boltons just isnt reasonable. in fact, i dont know that a v6 camaro has ever hit 12.8 NA but it would most definitly take a stroke, head job, and big cam. you just recently (out of the blue i might add....) brought up the stroke, which makes me think its fake..... [&:]but u have made no mention of head work. also, the way you describe your car, its like you dont fully understand what the mods are you are talking about.... if youve done these boltons ur going to run a 14.9 and were probably never going to see u again because ur too embarassed to come back after this.

Old 04-04-2008, 04:00 PM
4th Gear Member

If you so remember me you must also know that my big car will kill yours I decided to work on a v6 so I can shut people that say v6 are rice burners. So yeah let me go to the track this weekend and put the dam charts of my time.
No ones saying V6s are rice burners bro. Were saying your a moron. I used to own a V6 but i upgraded to bigger better things... besidesi can spend half themoney you spent trying to prove V6s are capable cars and make my V8 faster and dont even try and argue gas mileage. If you lived in my area id gladly smash on you and your mythical super V6. I mean wheres your proof?

Quick Reply: Thanks to all i just beat a v8 with a v6