93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

Spin Those Tires?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 12:12 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Spin Those Tires?

Alright so I just got a new set of 4 tires, before i was riding on fairly bald tires, well just curious but can anyone with a v6 break a set of new tires even loose? like now when i step it down it just starts running it could be because i have a posi in it? but you would think it would be able to chirp the tires a bit maybe? or do i seriously just need some new parts ? it already has new plugs, fuel filter, air filter- Right now iam just like SCREW THE V "stinks" 6!! i mean i love it but it just seems gutless i got smoked bout 3 car lengths by a VW Golf that was practically stock!! ..

96 V6 Y87 RS 3.8

Old 07-16-2007, 07:18 AM
Default RE: Spin Those Tires?

well my 94 v6 had new tires the day i got it n i brake-torqued the hell outta my rite one so it IS possible, but i dont kno what else ta tell ya...n im pretty sur those golfs are turboed even as stock, bc im pretty sure all the newer VW hav standard turbo engines, but im not sure bout the bug...

Old 07-16-2007, 07:36 AM
2nd Gear member

yeah man its hard to be a car that has a turbo even if its stock. If yall raced from aroll He/ She was already building boost.

Old 07-16-2007, 07:55 AM
1st Gear Member

Turbo is the key lol... You raced something thats lighter& turbo... You have to do something to key up...

Old 07-16-2007, 11:06 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Yep hes got a stock turbo on the car and it does way a hell of a lot less but he said he raced a mustang before me that had the 3.8 and the mustang wasnt modded just a manual iam driving an automatic and the mustang was within a car length he totaly blew me out of the water like 3 car lengths! and the whole tire spin thing i ment just a hard acceleration used to get my old tires to spin but i can lock up the front and spin them i just wanted to know if anyone could do it without locking up the front end

Old 07-17-2007, 12:40 PM
4th Gear Member

the auto v6's are (no offense) pretty weak, not cuz of power, just cuz it dont snap, get a torque converter or something, i can squeel mine going into 2nd, and i can be rolling with no gas, and just slam gas and make mine squeek like 5 or 6 times(not really burning out tho), i can also drop the clutch with 2k RPMs and throw my whole car 180+ degrees sideways, and thats with 10 inch wide Kumho ultra high performance tires

btw, i recommend those tires to all, i can go on 20mph on ramp doing 87 before i start squeeking.

Old 07-17-2007, 12:46 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Good point and no offense taken.. i drove an LT-1 yesterday and it blew my forkin shorts off!! wow i slammed it down going 30 and it just squeeled the tires and took of pretty soon i was doing 80 in a 40 i had to slam on the brakes because i didnt know it could speed up so fast!! i hope the 383 stroker iam building has that kinda ground pounding torque and power! iam fairly new to v8s i havent ever really driven one besides yesterday just v6's and 4 cylinders but i have to camaros one with a 6 and the others going to be hopefully a great street car! i kinda wish i had a manual now but the lt-1 was an automatic as well so

Old 07-17-2007, 01:49 PM
1st Gear Member

My 99 has never really been able to break them loose. On slick pavement I can get them to spin a second or two by just going WOT from a stop, but on a rough surface with better traction I can't get them to spin at all. And that is currently with about 1/4 tread left on the tires. I can get it to go sideways most of the time, but straight line acceleration I see little or no tire spin.

Old 07-17-2007, 02:03 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Damn.. That makes me really sad.. i like the tire spinning and squeeling sound ! and i cant even break them loose..i would almost rather put down the extra 2 grand for a different car that has a v8 and more miles that could do it instead of doing bolt on modifications..Then again my car is 100% stock no performance parts what so ever an air intake at the least would help a bit iam guessing who knows if its worth it though!?

Old 09-05-2007, 04:49 AM
2nd Gear member

dude u guys with v6's need to sell your granny autos and get 5 speeds. i don't know how many times i've ripped my tires, in dry, wet, cold, hot or whatever the conditions. i could literally smoke the back tires off i think if i wanted to. and yes, i just bought brand new nitto 235's and they spin just as easily as my bfgoodrich old ones. in 1st, you can set the car sideways very easy, and chirp in 2nd and third

Quick Reply: Spin Those Tires?