93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

Spark Plug Wires

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 11:50 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Spark Plug Wires

ok so i changed the spark plugs and wires but im still gettin a misfire
Someone said that not having them in the right firing order can cause this. I put the wires back on the way that the Shop had did but it could be possible they didnt put it back on the right way.
Can someone tell me where the wires go........ I know the odds are on the driver side and the evens are on the passenger side. But i need to know whcih spark plug wire 1 goes into and the others go into.... Does wire 1 go into the closet spark plug on the driver side to the front of the car or the farest one on the driver side?

Old 01-18-2008, 12:25 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: Spark Plug Wires

If I remember correctly, I think the number 1 cylinder is the front on the drivers side, just like you said. I'm not too entirely sure, but I think you're right.

Old 01-18-2008, 04:32 PM
Overdrive Member

Hayne's manual says shows this:

front passenger side 1 3 5rear passenger
front driver's side 2 4 6 rear driver's

Odd's on passenger side
Even's on driver side

Old 01-18-2008, 05:14 PM
1st Gear Member

ok so that right
alright so i went by advance auto parts and had the guy to check it out for me
he said it sounded ok and that i need an exhaust system(which i kno). I told him that sometimes i run my car kind of low on gas and he said your injectors could be dirty and causeing the misfire so i bought some fuel system cleaner and put it in. So far the idle has gone down a lil in like a couple of minutes since i put it in.
Hopefully this solves my misfire problem cause i kno i gapped the plugs right and put the wires on right. We will see
also can an exhaust leak cause the SES light to stay on?
im sorry for all these questions im just new to this fixing thing but im doing pretty good thanks to everyone on camaroforums

Old 01-18-2008, 05:59 PM
Overdrive Member

If the leak is big enough, and depending on where it's located, yes a leak can cause a SES light.

Old 01-18-2008, 06:01 PM
In the Staging Lanes

If you need to clean your Injectors, go buy some Seafoam. It's the best out there, but once you use it, you need to re-lubricate your injectors and a good bottle of lube should be located right near the seafoam (Names aren't coming to my head).

Old 01-18-2008, 06:05 PM
Overdrive Member

0.045" for the 3.4spark plug gap

EDIT: I see your post has changed, so I altered my post...

Old 01-18-2008, 06:10 PM
1st Gear Member

yea i gapped them to .045 like hanes said so i kno its not them and the wires are 1 day old lol
i had already got the fuel system cleaner that the guy gave me since he had a camaro. like i said so far my idle has gone down. I used seafoam on the brake booster line and to my surprise it didnt smoke much as i thought it would. I want to get a can for my throttle body.
And yea my leak is huge.........I MEAN HUGE....THE MUFFLER HAS A LEAK AND THE MANIFOLD HAS SOME SO IMA GET A NEW FLOWMASTER EXHAUST PUT ON FOR $250

Old 01-18-2008, 06:27 PM
Overdrive Member

If most is at the muffler, that probably wouldn't set a code, since it's after the O2 sensor.

Old 01-18-2008, 09:27 PM
1st Gear Member

its one in the muffler but most at the manifold
OMG Stan ok so i put the fuel system cleaner in there and drove around a bit but when i came back home and parked and was finna go in the garage i tryed to start the car and it spuddered and the oil gauge, battery gauge, and RPM were acting crazy..... the car was acting like it was going dead........ and i looked out the backwindow and it was a wall of white smoke and it smelled like fuel is that a good sign since i used a fuel system cleaner? is that suppose to happen? i also heard like a little as if something was drippin in the engine

Quick Reply: Spark Plug Wires