93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

smash smash

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 10:32 PM
1st Gear Member
Default smash smash

so on turkey day sum freakin crazy old lady cut across the street and smashdinto the rear driver side of the camaro.she got the citationand all but imstill left with a smashd up car..

my question is if the shop said its bout $4,000 damage (tht was just a lil 5 min qoute) and my cars not even worth tht what is my insurance company gonna do...i'll have to wait till monday to talk to them so im just trying to see what people think or have been threw this crap[:@]

Old 11-29-2008, 10:43 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: smash smash

hmmm did you have full coverage on it or just liability? i am guessing its paid for so just liability? full coverage should help out a lot but i don't think they will cover all of it[sm=boohoo.gif] but hey you never know till you try and see what loop holes you can get through man sorry about the car i wish you luck.

Old 11-29-2008, 11:00 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Sorry man, that's gonna suck, as if it doesn't already.
Insurance companies rate the cost of repairs against the value of the car. On average, they go by a repair cost to be nomore than 80-85% of the car's value. What that means isif your car is worth $5,000 (for example), the repair cost can't be more than $4,000-4,250. If repair cost goes beyond that, they will want to "total" the car, and pay you "fair market value".
Usually their fair market value, isn't fair to you, and you'll want to fight with the insurance company to get more. There's a good chance thatthey will bend on the payoff, especially if you can show the value based on other cars like yours for sale. After they pay you off, you have the option to buy the car back from them, for a small fraction of what they give you.

Old 11-29-2008, 11:06 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

ORIGINAL: TheGrimReaper73
hmmm did you have full coverage on it or just liability? i am guessing its paid for so just liability? full coverage should help out a lot but i don't think they will cover all of it[sm=boohoo.gif] but hey you never know till you try and see what loop holes you can get through man sorry about the car i wish you luck.
mstephens20, it doesn't matter what coverage you had on your car. The other insurance company (the woman's) is going to pay for it, not yours. Unless she doesn't have insurance, then your company should since most policies have an "uninsured motorist" rider to c.y.a.

Old 11-29-2008, 11:33 PM
In the Staging Lanes

yeah Camaro 69 i also heard it varies by state? not for sure :: shrugs ::

Old 11-30-2008, 04:31 AM
4th Gear Member

its the same here in washington. Shes liable for the damageSHE didto YOURcar.. I hope you got her info.. I think what you are thinking of is if she crashed into your car and didnt have insurance.. then your in trouble and thats what uninsured motorist insurance is for...

Old 11-30-2008, 09:37 AM
1st Gear Member

well ok guys thanks for the replys...

ok so heres the deal on my car....i still owe about5k on my loan with the credit and kbb says it worth about 3ish
the lady who hit me had insurance and i have full coverage on my car.

what i want to happen is the insurance company just write me a check for the damage and i go get it repaired at my buddies shop
the car is not totalled out to me i mean if they total it out and pay the rest of it off for me which they will cause i have GAP protection threw my bank which i got the loan...

what i dnt want to happen is they total out my car and pay everything off which is ok but then im left with no car and ill have to sum how get another loan and start all over again on a new loan[]