93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

sluggish,restricted,loos of power

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 07:42 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: sluggish, restricted , loss of power

1 1/2" mdf screw.... i thought maybe it could have happen but i never smelld gas inside the car..

Old 02-28-2008, 07:53 PM
Overdrive Member

By any chance did this start around the time you installed your amp?

Old 02-28-2008, 08:31 PM
In the Staging Lanes

well all the things u just described sounds like what happened to my car last year, i jsut thot my transmission was about to give out because going into 2nd gear my car was makin a screaming/grinding noise like i had a pig or sumthin under my hood. the autoparts store diagnosed it saying my egr valve was bad, but the boys at Napa told me it might be my catalytic converter because tehy said they could barely feel any exhaust pressure coming from the pipes. so i jsut went with what they said and changed my converter and it ran a hell of alot better, but on the down side since i drove it so long while it was ****in up i think it mustve messed up my air conditioner because the cold air doesnt come out of the vents, only in the defrost position. so u might wanna get it check out before it screws up more things on yr car

Old 02-28-2008, 08:40 PM
Overdrive Member

Most if not all your A/C vent controls are vacuum controlled. Might check for broken or disconnected vacuum lines.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:11 PM
1st Gear Member

no not really the p442 came around the same time my missfire awhile back....i had a bad missfire so i changed wires tomsd 8mm..then i had to change coils and moduel and it fix'd the misfire but i noticed i still had the bad ticking at start up and still has'nt gone away....

rememberwhen i said the p442 would come on at 5,000rpm 2nd gear...well iam thinking that the p442 always stays one and the flashing ses lightat 5,000rpm is a p300 tht the dealership i guess found when they scaned my car...the light only flashes at 5,000 rpm 2nd gear then goes away...i've got my car scanned a million times at advanced auto parts...and if the p300 wont stay on the scanner wont pick it up...so they always only read the p442 and would u know why it's throwing 2 of the same p442 codes....when they scan it they found (2)p442 codes...

also i've got to do sumthing about my rattelig cat..the internals or ratteling so it's just gonna get worse and prob clog right...wht would be my best bet...guting it or putting a pipe and getting the 02sim or just tryin and find a cheap replacement cat and put a newoneon it...????????

Old 02-29-2008, 06:38 AM
Overdrive Member

Do you have emissions testing? That will help with your selection. There is a guy in the General Tech section who has a problem similar to your's, same code (P0442), and he figured out it ended up being the cat... https://camaroforums.com/m_166108/mp.../tm.htm#167638

Old 02-29-2008, 10:46 AM
1st Gear Member

no i dnt have emissions testing in florida....
iam just thinkin about putting a pipe in the cats place and gettin the o2 sim cause cat's are so damn expensive

Old 03-25-2008, 09:56 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Did you ever get all this worked out? I'm having the same problems and was wondering what you came up with. Thanks, Drew

Old 03-25-2008, 10:34 AM
1st Gear Member

well not 100% but the car is running alot better..

i had a brokin exhaust manafold stud tht was causing i exhaust leak...tht i fixed
i had to change the plugs just to see if it helped and it did a lil...

iam soon gonna service my fuel injecters
today iam replaceing my valve cover gaskets (i think they are leaking)..
today iam gettin my new cat converter installed

i mean if the car isnt mantaned and serviced it's gonna run crapy and sluggish

you've just got to do your own research and lookin under the hood..
without money it's kindof hard so it takes time...

u just have to start checking things and seein what hasnt been serviced and what has to narrow down things to check.

i think if your car is runnin sluggush and just crappy without any advious signs tht sumthing wrong or any noises then you just need tighty everything up and prob service your regular mantaince stuff..

plugs
wires
coils/moduel
check oil
check cat converter
all sensors/def 02sensors
...without a computer hook'd up to your car it's kindof hard to see all what it's doin...

I THINK I'LL BE USEING THIS FOURM AND OTHERS FOR AS LONG AS I OWNA CAMARO AND ALWAYS MAINTAING THEM..IT'S JUST PART OF BEIN A CAMARO OWNER...

Old 03-25-2008, 10:48 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Ok, i'm getting it hooked up tomorrow. The reason i asked was because my cat has been rattling for awhile and i figure thats my problem. Thanks for the reply and keep us updated

Quick Reply: sluggish,restricted,loos of power