93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

Questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 04:14 PM
Default Questions

Hello again, I recently was sing my headers thread to and using it for more then just information on headers so I figured I just make this for my questions.
I've gotten to the point where my car is going to need new front brakes. The question now arises about which pads and rotors to get I was thinking a good set of pads and maybe some slotted rotors?

Old 02-07-2012, 12:14 AM

Depends.

What type of driving/application will you be doing? Track? Regular driving?

Old 02-07-2012, 12:25 AM
3rd Gear Member

Hawk pads.

Old 02-07-2012, 09:03 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Raybestos ceramic pads, and Raybestos rotors. I usually get my stuff from rockauto.com. Don't use the cheap AutoZone stuff, unless you want to replace your pads and rotors sooner than later. And ignore the hype about drilled and slotted rotors being better. If you're road course racing the car, where you're constantly on the brakes, then they can make a difference. But on a street car, all they do is lighten your wallet, plus the grooves in the rotors actually help chew down the brake pads faster. Oh, but they look nifty!

Old 02-07-2012, 08:57 PM
Overdrive Member

For a DD/street driven car: Get some good quality blanks, like Bosch QuietCast coated rotors (good for rust/salt/corrosion), and Hawk HPS pads, flush your fluid with some high wet boiling point DOT4 fluid, add some stainless steel braided brake lines and you will be all good.

Old 03-09-2012, 11:36 AM

Been awhile but Ive now to date done a full tune up, and new brakes. My question is does anyone think that I should change the trans oil? Also has anyone tinted their windows?

Old 03-09-2012, 02:57 PM
3rd Gear Member

Is your car a M6 or A4? M6 you dont have to change the clutch fluid but can if you want; its the same stuff as brake fluid iirc. A4 it depends on how long its been since it was last changed. I wouldnt flush the trans if its never been done before, as new fluid can cause slippage. You can still drop the pan though.

Old 07-07-2012, 04:28 PM

Been away for awhile ended up buying a newer camaro, pics to follow. Ive had the car for a week now and yesterday I noticed my security light on? It stays on while driving I was wondering if its a alarm problem or a problem with the key and chip?

Old 07-07-2012, 08:44 PM
Tech Droid

Originally Posted by S. Toth
Been away for awhile ended up buying a newer camaro, pics to follow. Ive had the car for a week now and yesterday I noticed my security light on? It stays on while driving I was wondering if its a alarm problem or a problem with the key and chip?
If the security lamp is lit and the engine still starts, it means that the VATS module saw a problem in the sensing circuit from the ignition switch to the VATS module. The problem took place while the engine was running, so the PCM disabled the VATS. The PCM softwares assumes that if the VATS had problems while the engine was running, no one was trying to steal the car. Therefore, you have no theft protection at this time.

Old 07-08-2012, 08:21 AM

What do you think the first step in solving the problem would be then?

Quick Reply: Questions