Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 12:18 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

did he say how he narrowed it down to cyl 2

Old 05-12-2011, 12:29 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

I'm not saying your injector isn't flowing like it should, but don't assume it is either. With a random misfire, everything in the system is suspect till you find the problem. Soaking your injectors can't hurt either, if you think they might be causing a problem. I had this happen with two different injectors on the same engine, within a period of a month. Running a few tanks of gas with Lucas injector cleaner didn't do squat either, they needed a serious cleaning.

Old 05-12-2011, 01:10 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Ok first thing p0301 to p0306 are individual cyl codes ithat designate which cyl is the problem p0300 is random. When I had my issue The first time I read the code it was p0300 the second time it was p0305. I ended up with both codes over the same problem. I made a whole post on this here
https://camaroforums.com/forum/v6-te...eriance-58924/

You can read threw it and how I tracked the issue down.

Old 05-13-2011, 11:26 AM

Well the ac delco spark plugs helped a lot. Now the fuel pump needs to be replaced. Would that cause the boggin down? An is there any way to change the pump without dropping the tank? Like a way threw the trunk?

Old 05-13-2011, 12:11 PM
2nd Gear member

So you're no longer getting a misfire??
Is the one making all these diagnoses a trusted mechanic??
I only ask b/c in the past I had a mechanic whom someone else told me about take me for a good chunk a money and that car never got repaired properly.
There is a post somewhere on the site that gives detailed directions on how to make an access hole to get fuel pump out.

Old 05-13-2011, 02:05 PM
Tech Droid

A bad coil "should" cause two cylinders to misfire, but not necessarily so. Depending on how the coil failed it could cause a single cylinder misfire. Random misfire could be ignition caused, but in most cases it is the result of a lean fuel mixture.
It may seem counterintuitive, but an injector stuck open, could cause the whole engine to lean out. The excessive flow form the bad injector will make the O2 sensor think that the whole engine is running rich, and the PCM will try to adjust by leaning the fuel mixture. All the good cylinders are now running lean and randomly misfiring.

Old 05-13-2011, 05:38 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

Originally Posted by camero mamma
Well the ac delco spark plugs helped a lot. Now the fuel pump needs to be replaced. Would that cause the boggin down? An is there any way to change the pump without dropping the tank? Like a way threw the trunk?
yes if the fuel pump is on its way out the door it will bog down... and your in luck because dropping the tank is a ***** youd need to pull the rear axle id check fuel pressure first tho and if thats low change the FPR (its alot cheaper than a pump) and if that doesnt fix it then move towards the pump

heres a wright up on the hatch
https://camaroforums.com/forum/4th-g...-method-54911/

Old 05-13-2011, 06:54 PM
Tech Droid

Anything that causes low fuel pressure such as, bad pump, bad regulator, clogged filter, will cause a lean mixture, which then can cause random misfires, bogging, and poor performance. Invest in fuel injection pressure gage, or borrow one from a parts store, and test the fuel pressure to see if either the pump or regulator is bad. Make sure you have a clean filter, as a clogged filter cam stress out the fuel pump and cause it to fail

Last edited by z28pete; 05-13-2011 at 06:59 PM.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:51 PM

The 2 mechanics are my brother an my dads high school partner who works on all my dads classics, so let hope they r. An the fuel pressure is 40 psi. The spark plugs made a HUGE change. It still boggs down a lil bit, not like it was tho. Keep you posted on the pump. You all have been SO helpful! Thank you so much

Old 05-14-2011, 06:29 PM

Well, the pump is in an still the same. So new plugs,wires, fuel pump, fuel filter, o2 sensor. An still the same. So I guess even tho they said the fpr is ok we will change it next. I'm lost. We have tried everything an just a lil better. Any other help? Also after the pump was put in I had 1/2 tank an drove to the store which is maybe 15 miles round trip now I'm at 1/4 tank so I going threw a lot of gas. An to basic that link helped a lot. Better then droppin the tank! Big help. Thank you

Quick Reply: p0300 misfire/ cylinder 2