93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

OK boys...

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 02:48 PM
4th Gear Member
Default OK boys...

I've searched and found nothing to answer my question...

The supercharger from a GTP can be put on my car... The intake and heads need to be modified...

What I wanna know. Can I use the heads from a GTP for my car? And what can I do about the intake?

Why do I wanna know? Well I've got a wrecked 98 GTP lol... And I wanna know if I can do this and what I can use from it....... I'm very interested to see what my car would do in a quarter mile with the supercharger lol.

Old 06-22-2008, 06:46 PM
Overdrive Member
Default RE: OK boys...

You will need the heads, lower intake manifold and supercharger, and fuel rail and injectors from the GTP. I have only heard of one person doing this. You will have little clearance between the cowl and the blower, and will have to fab something up to get the intake on the blower (intake will be open on the back of blower under the cowl). Of course it will need to be tuned. I'm sure there are more little things here and there, but that is about the majority of it.

Old 06-22-2008, 11:47 PM
4th Gear Member

I have all these parts... And custom fab a part to close up the intake right?? Hmmmm... Sounds fun and interesting =P

Old 06-23-2008, 03:48 AM

No, you dont close the intake, it needs to make a 180* turn and come towards the front of the engine bay. You will also need a new rotating assembly, and I'm fairly sure the ecu. FTV6 has more info, its a little more common over there.

Old 06-23-2008, 10:36 AM
Overdrive Member

http://s121.photobucket.com/albums/o...67camaro-1.flv

There are a couple videos of the one I was talking about. He made the intake come from the back of the engine to the passenger side.