93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

No heat/No Air/This Sucks!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 06:22 PM
Default No heat/No Air/This Sucks!

Hey y'all

Well heres the thing I searched old threads trying to find answer to my dilemma. So here it is. My 94 v6 camaro isnt blowing any air of any kind whether I set it to hot or cold. I do hear the hissing sound though when I turn the dial. When I searched for some answers, the best thing that I could come up with is the fuse on the blower motor. just wondering if y'all had any ideas what might be happening here? when i'm on the interstate, i feel the slightest bit of air coming through the vents, and thats about it.

Thanks in Advance

NSBJIM

Old 02-15-2008, 07:01 PM
Tech Droid
Default RE: No heat/No Air/This Sucks!

If you turn the blower speed to high and you don't hear the blower working, there are several possibilities. Blown fuse, bad blower motor, burned out speed control pack, bad wiring, bad blower control switch.
Locations: Fuse #25 in I/P fuse block; high blower relay above left side of floor tunnel; blower resistor in HVAC module, forward & left of Temp Control Cable attachment.

Old 02-15-2008, 09:51 PM
Overdrive Member

When you're on the interstate, a slight amount of air will find it's way in the vents. At seventy miles an hour, I wouldn't expect anything else. I don't know about your '94, but on most cars the A/C stuff (except the blower)uses vacuum to adjust it. That may be the hissing you're hearing.

Old 02-15-2008, 10:07 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Check your fuse. If that isn't it, sounds like you need a new blower motor. The hissing sound you hear is the vaccum from the engine adjusting the flow between your floor, vent and defrost.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:19 PM

Hey Y'all

Sorry for the late response, Good news though! so I have been waiting for ole uncle sam to give me tax check so I could dig deeper into my problem. Anyway his check cleared and long and behold it was the blower motor. It Only cost me 39 bucks and took maybe 25-30 minutes tops to install. Now if I could only convince my wife to let me put a new muffler on it, I would be golden . Its got a hole in it the size of a cantaloupe.

Thank you Pete, Stan, and SS for your input. Once again you saved me some dough!

NSBJIM

Go Gators!