93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

new to the forum, havin a problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 02:58 AM
Default new to the forum, havin a problem

ok so here is an outline of what happened to me. it all started like 2 months ago is was drivin my car and sometimes is dies out when im waiting in the intersection and it starts back up after like 20 seconds. come to find out that the MAF was bad and replaced it. shortly after that my car would just crank over and not turn on for maybe 10 min at a time. my crank sensor was bad and got that replaced and had the fuel pump replaced cause it showed low pressure. i was drivin my car for like a3 weeksand my charge meter was acting very weird. randomly it would jump back and forth and when sometimes it would go down to twelve volts and my dash would say check gauges. my car was workin fine this whole and one morning i try to start my car and it fires for a second then dies out. and everytime after that it only cranks over. can an alternator do this? any suggestions?

Old 11-01-2008, 05:34 AM
4th Gear Member
Default RE: new to the forum, havin a problem

take your alternator to autozone and have them test itfor free.

Old 11-01-2008, 05:49 PM

can the alternator messing up have anything to do with the fuel pump going bad? cause i did a couple tests and i listened for the fuel pump to turn on when KOEO cycle but i didn't hear anything do ipushed the schrader valve in for the fuel line and had my dad crank it over and nothing sputtered out.

Old 11-01-2008, 07:55 PM
Overdrive Member

You may check the fuel pump relay. Does the engine crank strong?

Old 11-02-2008, 02:10 PM

yeah the engine cranks like normal. you can hear that it wants to start but there is no fuel to burn. whenever i leaveit for like acouple hours it starts for like 1/2 a second then dies away.where is the relay for the pump located?

Old 11-02-2008, 03:17 PM
Overdrive Member

If I remember right, it is under the hood in the fuse box on the driver side. Close to where the fuel lines come in at.

Old 11-02-2008, 04:52 PM

i remember lookin for that one time but couldn't find anything that said fuel pump or anything. the only thing i found close to that in that fuse box is a relay that said IGN could that be it? i also looked in the interior fuse panel and nothing?

Old 11-02-2008, 07:05 PM
Overdrive Member

I just checked in my Haynes manual, and it says the fuel pump relay is behind the drivers side kick panel. Fuse is supposed to be under the hood somewhere. Not sure where. The only fuse block I can find under there doesn't show a fuse for fuel pump.

Old 11-02-2008, 07:50 PM

alright ill check it out

Old 11-25-2008, 11:51 PM

i took off my alternator and took it to autozone to have it tested but it passed. i don't know how because my charge meter goes wacky every once in a while. so i replaced it anyway and now my alternatorcharge meter is stationary and is workin the way it is supposed to be. after that experience i really don't think that the autozone tester is very accurate because itdoesn'tload test the alternator which is when it happened the most. does anyone agree?

Quick Reply: new to the forum, havin a problem