93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

My Update about the Upper Ball Joints Situation..........

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 01:17 PM
1st Gear Member
Default My Update about the Upper Ball Joints Situation..........

K, so went to the shop today to try to get the upper ball joints done and then after get the wheel alignment. They checked it out and told me I need the lower ball joints and also need to replace the FRONT UPPER CONTROL ARMS (oh noooooooooo). Thing is they have the joints but no one has the control arms, only place that had them was a dealership that was going to charge me an arm and my freakin' head (460 for the left control arm set and 430 for the right, do you believe that). So what I'm going to do is buy all the parts on ebay, I found the control arms both of them for 20 bucks used good condition and a set of both upper and lower ball joints for 40 bucks, this isnt bad at all, only thing is the installation, cheapest is 400 bucks for both sides, then would have to do the wheel alignment which is another 70 bucks........FML.

Old 08-13-2010, 01:40 PM
Tech Droid

After this you should be a front end expert. Keep an eye on the other side though.

Old 08-13-2010, 02:38 PM
1st Gear Member

lol I know right. But wait, do I need like bushings too or just the control arms, upper/lower joints? Here are the parts that I need to get...........
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Do I need something else? And why do my upper ball joint in my car look like theres a flat bar type thing hooked up to it? Am I missing something? Let me know ASAP, thanks.

Old 08-13-2010, 07:03 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Good god man. You do realize your suppose to avoid pot holes not aim for them? On the plus side your car is going to handle a LOT better when done.

Old 08-13-2010, 07:05 PM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by Gorn
Good god man. You do realize your suppose to avoid pot holes not aim for them? On the plus side your car is going to handle a LOT better when done.
Lol, maybe he lives in PA? It's impossible to avoid them, considering all roads are full of them here.

Old 08-13-2010, 08:19 PM
March 2011 ROTM
Technical User
ROTM Winner's Club

ouch, for that same price, you could get the global west front suspension setup. how many miles are on the car for those to be bad, and how did they ruin the upper control arm?

Old 08-14-2010, 12:02 AM
Tech Droid

Originally Posted by DarlingReject
Lol, maybe he lives in PA? It's impossible to avoid them, considering all roads are full of them here.
Just in case you missed today's news, PENN DOT just cut the budget for road and bridge repair by 15 billion dollars. PA wants to be sure to keep the title as the state (commonwealth) with the worst roads in the world. I am stocking up on front end parts and wheel rims. lol

Old 08-14-2010, 12:23 AM
Tech Droid

Parts views:

Upper Joint

Lower joint

Lower bushings

Upper bushings

Old 08-14-2010, 01:20 AM
1st Gear Member

I acutally live in Chicago, Illinois and let me tell you the pot holes here are RIDICULOUS. Should I get the bushings too? Do I need bushings for the control arms as well or just for the joints? Man, I cannot wait for this to be done with.

Old 08-14-2010, 08:21 AM
1st Gear Member

I'm guessing there is one type of bushings and thats for the control arms. But question, where are the bushings located? ?

Quick Reply: My Update about the Upper Ball Joints Situation..........