93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

My oil is Yoo Hoo

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 08:36 PM
RiP
Default My oil is Yoo Hoo

Drained the oil today, It came out like a mixture of Yoo Hoo and coffee, Bah,

I hate to say it but I'm done with this car... Coil packs, Fuel Pump, Radiator,Water Pump, Starter and a Heater Core. The frickin thing has less than 90k on it.

Ive owned 9 Camaros of some sort since 1979 and i have to say that this one was the worse by far... Sad to say but it will probably be the last one i own ... Take care guys ...

Attached Thumbnails My oil is Yoo Hoo-yoo-hoo-004.jpg   My oil is Yoo Hoo-0.jpg  
Old 11-27-2010, 08:46 PM
4th Gear Member

Ouch! How long has it been like that. The little crap on these cars is what drives me crazy, like the cracked dashes, loose feeling seats, window motors and door lock and window switch bezels that keep jumping out the door.

Old 11-27-2010, 09:04 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

3800 is one of GM most dependable motors. All cars are subject to how they are used and how they are maintained. I wish cars had hour meters not odometers.

I used to go to the auctiion to check out cars for dealers. Some of the cars coming out of Philly and DC had like 70K on them and they where shot. There where guys that would buy these cars and mask all the issues and run them back to the auction. Clean them up load them up with STP and replace the brunt tranny fluid with some nice clean stuff. Everything they could do to make it look like a 70K car. It is tuff to fool a good mechainc when he is looking for the right signs but a lot of dealers dont take mechanic and they end up buying junk. That is why dealer always advertise "Local trade" when you live in the country. Most people don't even know that means anything. The dealers sure do.

Old 11-28-2010, 12:20 AM
RiP

Originally Posted by Gorn
3800 is one of GM most dependable motors. All cars are subject to how they are used and how they are maintained. I wish cars had hour meters not odometers.

I used to go to the auctiion to check out cars for dealers. Some of the cars coming out of Philly and DC had like 70K on them and they where shot. There where guys that would buy these cars and mask all the issues and run them back to the auction. Clean them up load them up with STP and replace the brunt tranny fluid with some nice clean stuff. Everything they could do to make it look like a 70K car. It is tuff to fool a good mechainc when he is looking for the right signs but a lot of dealers dont take mechanic and they end up buying junk. That is why dealer always advertise "Local trade" when you live in the country. Most people don't even know that means anything. The dealers sure do.
I can agree 100%... If i bought this car with 80k + miles and had no clue how it was previously maintained then i guess i would have no room to ***** .... Problem is i got this car with 30k the previous owner was my sister and i know how my brother in law is about his cars.... This particular Camaro has been maintained VERY WELL. Washed,Oil changes the whole nine yards. My son has been driving it for the last 8 months but i have been checking the fluids often. The other week was when i noticed the coolant was low but the oil looked fine .... I made sure the air was bled when i added coolant but i really didnt add that much. This is just the last straw i guess ...

Old 11-28-2010, 09:58 AM
4th Gear Member

We bought a 96 that had a piston slapping the bottom of the head. We replaced the engine with a donor. It ran for about 3 months before my son brought it home with a cracked head and blown head gasket. The engine was from a fire damaged car, so I don't know if that had anything to do with the cracked head or if he overheated it so bad that it cracked the head. We replaced the head and replaced the head gaskets. He has been driving it for about a year now and the rear main is leaking. I hate the thought of doing that much work to replace that seal but I'm to cheap to pay someone $600 to do it. Come spring, I guess we will fix that, unless he manages to sweet talk me out of the 94Z.

Old 11-28-2010, 10:37 AM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

We have a lot of members that are pushing 200K with their cars. I bought my car from a lady who let her boy friend drive it one night. He over rev'ed it and streached a rod at 132K, The only issue she had up to that point was an intake gasket and the Tops leaking. You could tell she loved that car. She was all but in tears as it was loaded on the flatbed. It was dealer maintained by the book and they are the ones that caught the intake gasket before it took out the motor. I think she said the intake was at 100K in 2004. 80% of the time when the intakes go they leak to the outside of the motor first. The ones that leak to the inside normally cost you a motor. Looks like you where on the bad end of that percentage.

Old 11-28-2010, 11:20 AM
Overdrive Member

Hell I will take it off your hands when my Tax return gets here... If you live near Tacoma WA that is. I bought my 1999 knowing it had a bad engine and put a new one in. I love the 3.8L engine, one of the best engines I have ever had in my driveway. Oh and this is the 3rd car I have owned with a 3.8L of one generation or another.

Massey