93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

My Camaro ticks 2

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 11:26 AM
Unhappy My Camaro ticks 2

My Camaro makes that tick just like that video I watched on here! Trying many things 2 make it go away The Mystic oil, but it realy started right after I got an oil change since I bought it , Also I have the mystery of my coolant dissappearing bout a pint a day if I don't keep an eye on it it will overheat , I just got real nice Duel Exhaust that makes it so mean I really like the car it started 4 me everyday even in the coldest winter we had. I also have the check engine light on and the codes that came up were misfires in the 3rd cylinder , and there is some vey bad heistation feels like the motor fell out or just gave up. Also feels like im losing compression up by the headers on the exhaust ? Just want the power , the motor 2 sound smooth, and 2 keep her cool I want 2 avoid big costly work!

Old 04-18-2010, 09:52 PM
4th Gear Member

Have your coolant system pressure test to find out where the coolant is going before it overheats and cost you a head or something. Could be several things happening with the coolant such as radiator cap, orings on the heater hoses, leaking out the weap hole on water pump or worse case, leaking intake/head gasket. How is the oil pressure when engine is at running temps? Is there any oil in the coolant or coolant in the oil? The ticking could be a lifter or something loose under the valve cover. The longer one waits the more costly the repairs become.